2016 China Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trains View Post
    What a gift from Holt with a 22-0 ? lead in the last frame,cost him 20 grand.
    Have I just watched that match in an alternate universe ? its showing the final frame score as Bingham winning 79-0.
    It was Bingham, who was up 22-0 before a safety exchange. Then making a 57 to win the frame 79-0.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      It was Bingham, who was up 22-0 before a safety exchange. Then making a 57 to win the frame 79-0.
      My bad,he still looked his gift horse in the mouth and all that though.

Comment

Does anyone have a video of what looked like an impossible situation on frame 9 between Holt and Bingham when Holt potted a red and snookered himself on all colours with no apparent route out to hit anything but another red? This wasn't the main televised match so it wasn't on my planner but very keen to see how that panned out.
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
          Does anyone have a video of what looked like an impossible situation on frame 9 between Holt and Bingham when Holt potted a red and snookered himself on all colours with no apparent route out to hit anything but another red? This wasn't the main televised match so it wasn't on my planner but very keen to see how that panned out.
          I found it. 3 mins 30 secs into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ai74etnTt4
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

I'm not sure which match Eurosport will be showing this morning, but I hope it's Higgins-Allen. They have played a couple of really high-quality matches in the past, including over four sessions in the World Championship and over two sessions in the UK. Higgins won both of those, but I think the balance of power is slightly different these days, especially this week. I think Allen has played the best snooker in this tournament so far, especially in terms of heavy scoring. Higgins hasn't been bad himself, and he usually becomes very difficult to stop once he finds himself involved in the final weekend, so this could be a really good match. I will go for Allen to win 9-7. :smile:

The other match is slightly less interesting for me. Murphy has much the better record there, but of course it was Bingham who prevailed in the World final, and Murphy only won 10-9 in the final of the World Grand Prix last season. I think Bingham has been somewhat lucky with the draw this week, winning two matches without playing anything special. Murphy had an out-of-sorts Fu in the previous round as well, but at least he impressed with some very heavy scoring in the first half of the match to take a big lead. I think Murphy should win this one, 9-6. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
              I found it. 3 mins 30 secs into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ai74etnTt4
              Thanks for the link
              After the Miss is called - why did the commentator say "it (cue ball) has to go back", no it does not; the non-offending player (Bingham) could have played from where the cue ball came to rest, of have the offending player take that shot as well as the option to have them replaced.

An earlier post mentioned Hallett talking about 5 seconds with a ball on the edge of a pocket, there is no time mentioned in the rules for snooker (& billiards) it only says "If a ball balances momentarily on the edge of a pocket and then falls in; it shall count as in the pocket and not be replaced.". The only set of rules that I know of that states a time is Black Ball Pool where it states 5 secs.

Tournament as a whole, I have not been able to watch much, so really appreciate the matches being uploaded to YouTube to a non-live catch up
              Last edited by DeanH; 4 November 2016, 07:43 AM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Bit strange that an experienced player like Mark Allen chases a frame with a 30 point lead but 3-7 down in a best of 17,this isn't one of those 'bum' tournaments you were talking about Mark !!
                Last edited by trains; 4 November 2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Very well played to Stuart Bingham, great stuff!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Thanks for the link
                    After the Miss is called - why did the commentator say "it (cue ball) has to go back", no it does not; the non-offending player (Bingham) could have played from where the cue ball came to rest, of have the offending player take that shot as well as the option to have them replaced.

An earlier post mentioned Hallett talking about 5 seconds with a ball on the edge of a pocket, there is no time mentioned in the rules for snooker (& billiards) it only says "If a ball balances momentarily on the edge of a pocket and then falls in; it shall count as in the pocket and not be replaced.". The only set of rules that I know of that states a time is Black Ball Pool where it states 5 secs.

Tournament as a whole, I have not been able to watch much, so really appreciate the matches being uploaded to YouTube to a non-live catch up
                    I got from his comment that there was nothing left on for Bingham and that he will have it put back, not that it was because of the rules. It's just Hallets way of speaking I think.

Comment

Excellent, not seen much of this Tournament, so that tonight's entertainment sorted : )

Thanks.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well, my predictions haven't exactly been brilliant this week. I expected Allen to beat Higgins yesterday, but Higgins played strongly in the first session to take a big lead. He then started missing a few, but Allen was too poor to take any advantage. Classic Higgins really, he inevitably plays a good match at the right time, regardless of how he and his opponent had played previously in the tournament.

Murphy-Bingham actually turned out to be the better match yesterday. Bingham finally found some scoring form, and it was a great exchange of big breaks between them. Prior to this tournament, the International Championship was the only event outside of the World Championship to feature two-session matches before the final, but unfortunately we didn't really get any great ones in recent times. Nice to finally get a good 9-8 semi-final here. :smile:

Higgins and Bingham have not met a lot since Bingham's rise to the top of the game, so it will be interesting to see how the finals goes. Bingham has every chance to take it if he plays like he did against Murphy, but Higgins tends to be extremely reliable in major finals and very rarely puts in a suspect performance. I will go for Higgins to win 10-8. :smile: It's 6am here and I haven't been to bed yet, so I imagine I will sleep over the first session and watch it later. :smile:

Comment

enjoying this final, the to and fro, nip and tuck, neck and neck stuff
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

John Higgins proving once again he's one of the best player in the history of the game.

Comment

Great match, how solid are these two in the final!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Why are there no security guards at this awards ceremony but they're McDougalls on the spot at British based events ?

Comment

Working...
                                X