Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Snooker-lite?

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Sorry, my vocabulary is a little lacking in English, so I can't think of a better way to put it. :smile:
    Well the best I can come up with is 'compact','instant' or 'disposable' but that would probably raise an eyebrow among the less discerning readers so come up with something of your own or stick with dumbed-down,I'll just chuckle each time anyway,peace.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Sorry, my vocabulary is a little lacking in English, so I can't think of a better way to put it. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    That was a very enjoyable final, especially the second session. It was a bit scrappy this morning, but once Bingham found his form he pushed Higgins to play well as well. There were a couple of breaks made from tricky positions this afternoon, and of course Higgins finishing with three centuries was tremendous and you can't really ask for more. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy in a victory ceremony before. :smile:

All in all, it was a decent tournament. As was mentioned, the camera angle wasn't really ideal, and the arena in general didn't really seem that great for a snooker event. The snooker itself was a little underwhelming in the first few days, but the last two days were great entertainment. It's a shame we won't be seeing the event with this format next year, but an additional ranking event with slightly longer matches is always welcome. :smile:

So, more best-of-7 filler in the next couple of weeks... I may watch some of it, but it will be difficult to adjust to this dumbed-down form of snooker again. Looking forward to the UK Championship at the end of the month though. :smile:
    Tbh the term 'dumbed-down form of snooker' makes me chuckle a bit,like snooker over short or longer matches is intellectually rigorous and pro's tuck into Tolstoy at their hotel after their canteen dinner

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    That was a very enjoyable final, especially the second session. It was a bit scrappy this morning, but once Bingham found his form he pushed Higgins to play well as well. There were a couple of breaks made from tricky positions this afternoon, and of course Higgins finishing with three centuries was tremendous and you can't really ask for more. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy in a victory ceremony before. :smile:

All in all, it was a decent tournament. As was mentioned, the camera angle wasn't really ideal, and the arena in general didn't really seem that great for a snooker event. The snooker itself was a little underwhelming in the first few days, but the last two days were great entertainment. It's a shame we won't be seeing the event with this format next year, but an additional ranking event with slightly longer matches is always welcome. :smile:

So, more best-of-7 filler in the next couple of weeks... I may watch some of it, but it will be difficult to adjust to this dumbed-down form of snooker again. Looking forward to the UK Championship at the end of the month though. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Not much you can do against that performance, Ton Ton Ton! What a closer out that man is.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Why are there no security guards at this awards ceremony but they're McDougalls on the spot at British based events ?

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Great match, how solid are these two in the final!

Leave a comment:

• streamer45
    replied
    John Higgins proving once again he's one of the best player in the history of the game.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    enjoying this final, the to and fro, nip and tuck, neck and neck stuff

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Well, my predictions haven't exactly been brilliant this week. I expected Allen to beat Higgins yesterday, but Higgins played strongly in the first session to take a big lead. He then started missing a few, but Allen was too poor to take any advantage. Classic Higgins really, he inevitably plays a good match at the right time, regardless of how he and his opponent had played previously in the tournament.

Murphy-Bingham actually turned out to be the better match yesterday. Bingham finally found some scoring form, and it was a great exchange of big breaks between them. Prior to this tournament, the International Championship was the only event outside of the World Championship to feature two-session matches before the final, but unfortunately we didn't really get any great ones in recent times. Nice to finally get a good 9-8 semi-final here. :smile:

Higgins and Bingham have not met a lot since Bingham's rise to the top of the game, so it will be interesting to see how the finals goes. Bingham has every chance to take it if he plays like he did against Murphy, but Higgins tends to be extremely reliable in major finals and very rarely puts in a suspect performance. I will go for Higgins to win 10-8. :smile: It's 6am here and I haven't been to bed yet, so I imagine I will sleep over the first session and watch it later. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Excellent, not seen much of this Tournament, so that tonight's entertainment sorted : )

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Slasher
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Thanks for the link
    After the Miss is called - why did the commentator say "it (cue ball) has to go back", no it does not; the non-offending player (Bingham) could have played from where the cue ball came to rest, of have the offending player take that shot as well as the option to have them replaced.

An earlier post mentioned Hallett talking about 5 seconds with a ball on the edge of a pocket, there is no time mentioned in the rules for snooker (& billiards) it only says "If a ball balances momentarily on the edge of a pocket and then falls in; it shall count as in the pocket and not be replaced.". The only set of rules that I know of that states a time is Black Ball Pool where it states 5 secs.

Tournament as a whole, I have not been able to watch much, so really appreciate the matches being uploaded to YouTube to a non-live catch up
    I got from his comment that there was nothing left on for Bingham and that he will have it put back, not that it was because of the rules. It's just Hallets way of speaking I think.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X