Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streamer45
    replied
    Very well played to Stuart Bingham, great stuff!

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Bit strange that an experienced player like Mark Allen chases a frame with a 30 point lead but 3-7 down in a best of 17,this isn't one of those 'bum' tournaments you were talking about Mark !!
    Last edited by trains; 4 November 2016, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    I found it. 3 mins 30 secs into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ai74etnTt4
    Thanks for the link
    After the Miss is called - why did the commentator say "it (cue ball) has to go back", no it does not; the non-offending player (Bingham) could have played from where the cue ball came to rest, of have the offending player take that shot as well as the option to have them replaced.

An earlier post mentioned Hallett talking about 5 seconds with a ball on the edge of a pocket, there is no time mentioned in the rules for snooker (& billiards) it only says "If a ball balances momentarily on the edge of a pocket and then falls in; it shall count as in the pocket and not be replaced.". The only set of rules that I know of that states a time is Black Ball Pool where it states 5 secs.

Tournament as a whole, I have not been able to watch much, so really appreciate the matches being uploaded to YouTube to a non-live catch up
    Last edited by DeanH; 4 November 2016, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    I'm not sure which match Eurosport will be showing this morning, but I hope it's Higgins-Allen. They have played a couple of really high-quality matches in the past, including over four sessions in the World Championship and over two sessions in the UK. Higgins won both of those, but I think the balance of power is slightly different these days, especially this week. I think Allen has played the best snooker in this tournament so far, especially in terms of heavy scoring. Higgins hasn't been bad himself, and he usually becomes very difficult to stop once he finds himself involved in the final weekend, so this could be a really good match. I will go for Allen to win 9-7. :smile:

The other match is slightly less interesting for me. Murphy has much the better record there, but of course it was Bingham who prevailed in the World final, and Murphy only won 10-9 in the final of the World Grand Prix last season. I think Bingham has been somewhat lucky with the draw this week, winning two matches without playing anything special. Murphy had an out-of-sorts Fu in the previous round as well, but at least he impressed with some very heavy scoring in the first half of the match to take a big lead. I think Murphy should win this one, 9-6. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    Does anyone have a video of what looked like an impossible situation on frame 9 between Holt and Bingham when Holt potted a red and snookered himself on all colours with no apparent route out to hit anything but another red? This wasn't the main televised match so it wasn't on my planner but very keen to see how that panned out.
    I found it. 3 mins 30 secs into this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ai74etnTt4

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Does anyone have a video of what looked like an impossible situation on frame 9 between Holt and Bingham when Holt potted a red and snookered himself on all colours with no apparent route out to hit anything but another red? This wasn't the main televised match so it wasn't on my planner but very keen to see how that panned out.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    It was Bingham, who was up 22-0 before a safety exchange. Then making a 57 to win the frame 79-0.
    My bad,he still looked his gift horse in the mouth and all that though.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by trains View Post
    What a gift from Holt with a 22-0 ? lead in the last frame,cost him 20 grand.
    Have I just watched that match in an alternate universe ? its showing the final frame score as Bingham winning 79-0.
    It was Bingham, who was up 22-0 before a safety exchange. Then making a 57 to win the frame 79-0.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    What a gift from Holt with a 22-0 ? lead in the last frame,cost him 20 grand.
    Have I just watched that match in an alternate universe ? its showing the final frame score as Bingham winning 79-0.

Leave a comment:

• Dan-cat
    replied
    I'm loving this tournament. £50k guaranteed for the semis!!! Chunky dough.

Now if they could just fix the wobbly overhead camera... sheesh. Doing my nut in.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dan-cat View Post
    I didn't see it, but did it mean he would have needed anookers? Hence no miss called. Or maybe it was a closer attempt - they can use their discretion
    No, he didn't need any snookers. Was quite in the beginning of the frame. And the outcome was nearly the same as on the first try.
    After the first try there was a discussion between the players and the referee. Cause Holt didn't think that miss rule applied here. While Bingham obviously told him there was a shot, with which it was possible to hit a colour.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Quite a strange decision by the referee in the frame before. Gave a miss at an attempt of Michael Holt, when he had to play colour. Bingham took the miss option and when Holt had his next try, which failed again, there wasn't given a miss anymore. I would think that the very same shot is either a miss or it isn't.
    Sounds like a referee from local league getting his chance with the pro's! Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Dan-cat
    replied
    I didn't see it, but did it mean he would have needed anookers? Hence no miss called. Or maybe it was a closer attempt - they can use their discretion

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Quite a strange decision by the referee in the frame before. Gave a miss at an attempt of Michael Holt, when he had to play colour. Bingham took the miss option and when Holt had his next try, which failed again, there wasn't given a miss anymore. I would think that the very same shot is either a miss or it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Ethanat
    replied
    Sounds exciting odrl , going to watch it on YouTube later

Leave a comment:

Working...
X