X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    After daffies post I just tried to find it on youtube, but as expected wasn't successful. It's a pity. It was funny indeed. Had me shaking my head as well in disbelief.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRTKCoEQAk

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    After the recent restrictions I don't think the match is on YouTube -anyone have a link anywhere else?
    Or have a look at Eurosport early tomorrow for replay of the match (on British Eurosport there usually is before the first live showing) and set a record on your "Sky" box
    Those restrictions don't seem to have much difference really. Just watched a bit of Carter vs. Trump He does look at him a bit funny when he's breaking off, but they're laughing and joking a minute later when Judd hits the brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpUmxqCVQrA

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    After the recent restrictions I don't think the match is on YouTube -anyone have a link anywhere else?
    Or have a look at Eurosport early tomorrow for replay of the match (on British Eurosport there usually is before the first live showing) and set a record on your "Sky" box
    After daffies post I just tried to find it on youtube, but as expected wasn't successful. It's a pity. It was funny indeed. Had me shaking my head as well in disbelief.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Only the black left, Fu needed it to win the match, Ding needed it to win the frame to keep his chances alive. The crowd where excited over the rattlers both did several times. Great snooker great atmosphere
    Cheers Dean...sad I missed that, sounds like good fun indeed

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Only the black left, Fu needed it to win the match, Ding needed it to win the frame to keep his chances alive. The crowd where excited over the rattlers both did several times. Great snooker great atmosphere
    Cheers Dean...sad I missed that, sounds like good fun indeed

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I was also dipping in and out of that one, so missed this point, but Ding looked generally out of sorts to me, clearly still hungover from his Selby drubbing. I did enjoy the crowd's reactions to the black ball finish though, very funny indeed.

-
    Missed it...what happened with the crowd?

Leave a comment:

• Big Splash!
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    I noticed this as well...
    Strange one.
    Carter's a cockwomble, up his own chuff. 'The Captain' - LOL!

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    What was with Ali Carter's evil look towards Judd at the beginning of the match before Judd broke off? i was wondering if it was because Judd forgot the handshake maybe? Either way, he didn't look happy at all....
    I noticed this as well...
    Strange one.

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I was also dipping in and out of that one, so missed this point, but Ding looked generally out of sorts to me, clearly still hungover from his Selby drubbing. I did enjoy the crowd's reactions to the black ball finish though, very funny indeed.

-
    Missed it...what happened with the crowd?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Tomorrow we have the duel between Bingham and Liang. Judging by their recent form this is maybe the most intriguing match in the opening round, which is already saying quite something. Tough to pick a winner here. At the English Open it was Liang who prevailed 6-5, so I'm going with Bingham here.
    Higgins vs. Williams is the only one, where I don't have to think much. Higgins will win this I say.

The other two could become close as well. I'll go with Murphy and Robertson.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Miig View Post
    Did anyone catch the Fu vs. Ding match?

I had the game on but concentrated on other stuff. I'm pretty sure Fu could've won the eight frame and match if he would've potted black after the last red, but he went on and potted the green needing a snooker to win. And the black was sitting right in front of the left bottom pocket and he had it on, so I guess he just had the points wrong.

Either way Ding won the frame, and could've won the ninth too, if he had taken advance of the three attempts he had on the last black.. Guess the sundays final is still in his head.
    Eurosport was showing Carter - Trump. So I caught only the end of the chinese battle. Amazing how many chances on quite easy (relatively speaking) black balls they missed. Everyone of them should have won the frame on two occasions before. Ding as expected seemed still groggy from the heavy defeat against Selby. Was already afraid that he would go out early here. Hope he gets back on the track soon.

Trump wasn't playing his best either. And in a tournament like this with a strong opponent already in the first round, this can mean an early exit.
    Selby looked pretty good and so did Mark Allen (who gets more corpulent every time I see him) in the last few frames.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Miig View Post

I had the game on but concentrated on other stuff. I'm pretty sure Fu could've won the eight frame and match if he would've potted black after the last red, but he went on and potted the green needing a snooker to win. And the black was sitting right in front of the left bottom pocket and he had it on, so I guess he just had the points wrong.

-

Leave a comment:

• Miig
    replied

Either way Ding won the frame, and could've won the ninth too, if he had taken advance of the three attempts he had on the last black.. Guess the sundays final is still in his head.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    What was with Ali Carter's evil look towards Judd at the beginning of the match before Judd broke off? i was wondering if it was because Judd forgot the handshake maybe? Either way, he didn't look happy at all....
    I replayed the record, missed it first time round - oh my, talk about daggers!
    ok the cutting from the other table did not help but you may be right and no hand shake before play occurred!
    maybe that is why Ali was so emotional to get the win! - to teach the young whippersnapper a lesson! hehehehe

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X