2016 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone;908236[B
    ]Hossein Vafaei Ayouri [/B]beats Scott Donaldson 4-2 and makes his first quarterfinal in a ranking event. Always good to see somebody of an "unusual" country having some success.
    He's gonna have to learn play more defensively and take his time . That fella runs 147's for fun during his practice matches just like any other pro.
    But a pro ranking tournament is Not the same thing, is it?
    when it comes to play the game at this level , the one who can deal with pressure and provide a better tactical game. has more chance to win,imo.
    I hope Jimmy White reminds him on this issue more often. Cuz Jimmy is the only one to whom he would listen. or rather say, obey.
    Given amount of respect he has for jimmy and how extremely he admires him. would be fair to say, he is one of the Jimy's slaves.

Anyway, I was hoping for a final between JH and ROS. looks like we not gonna get it. (sad)

Comment

• I just saw the Williams vs Higgins match. Williams seems a little more clinical in this tournament imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        I take it back trains
        No worries bud,Wilson's price was a little inflated because of Ronnie's popularity I suppose,I didn't make the bet myself just posted it for peeps to chew on. :snooker:

Comment

• Hamilton into the quarters as well...........go The Sheriff :snooker:
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
            I just saw the Williams vs Higgins match. Williams seems a little more clinical in this tournament imo.
            Would be great to see Williams playing strong again after all this years. But I still have my doubts.

Comment

• Finally Mark Joyce has responded to the Mark Allen nonsense...

http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/s...ail/story.html

I say well done him. Now can we get back to the snooker...

Comment

• I'm not sure I've ever seen Hossein Vafaei Ayouri in a televised match.

I watched him in qualifying in a leisure centre in Crawley once.

Comment

• I know there is a case for new faces coming through in the final stages of tournaments, but best of 7 matches are a joke. Devalues the whole thing. Only a minor step up from a PTC in my opinion, even if the latter stages are over more frames.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    I'm not sure I've ever seen Hossein Vafaei Ayouri in a televised match.
                    Me neither. Hope I can see him today. Having players from more different countries playing at a higher level can only be good for snooker.

Comment

Now that's dedication!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                        Now that's dedication!
                        Given the choice between qualifiers and say a BBC event I'd take watching qualifiers every time,no fluff and superfluous guff,and no daft walk on's either.

Plus they're cheaper to enter,I think the Shanghai Masters qualifiers at the Barnsley Metrodome from 30 Aug to 2nd September might actually have been free entry.

Comment

• 2016 Northern Ireland Open

qualifiers at Preston are a fiver, 8 tables, you sit where you like. if you sit in the top row with a wider view you'll be sat around mark Davis, Marco fu, Stuart Bingham, graeme Dott, angles mcmanus....We'll I was last time!

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                            qualifiers at Preston are a fiver, 8 tables, you sit where you like. if you sit in the top row with a wider view you'll be sat around mark Davis, Marco fu, Stuart Bingham, graeme Dott, angles mcmanus....We'll I was last time!
                            I was thinking about going there for the IC quals but the thinking came a bit too late,think it would have cost about £ 80 on a train from where I was,bit of long term planning and possible next time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

Anyway, I was hoping for a final between JH and ROS. looks like we not gonna get it. (sad)
                              Well, I for one am not bothered - at least Hawkins/White is on Eurosport over here at the mo, which makes a bit of a change from their obsession with Higgins and O'Sullivan over the last few days ....

Comment

He must be good then ....

Comment

Working...
                                X