2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Yes I think so, that's what they said in their interview anyway.

Just had a look and I think they'd actually meet in the semis. Wonder what the odds on that are?

-
    Yes, they would meet in the semis. And while I highly doubt this I wouldn't wonder the least if Oliver Lines made it to the quarterfinals. He played some very good snooker yesterday. I was very impressed with his calmness, but also with his shot selection and safety play. Some of the younger players can pot very good, but go for too risky shots and get punished for this. But - at least yesterday, cause one game is still a small sample to judge from - Lines played very good safeties. He hold himself well in tactical duels and some snookers won him at least one frame. The difference in safety success was, if I remember right, about 20 percent in his favour. So this ultimately won him the match.
    In the next round he is up against Jimmy Robertson, which should also be a winable match.

Comment

• Be interesting to see viewing figures for Cyprus?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just had a look and I think they'd actually meet in the semis. Wonder what the odds on that are?

-
        Perhaps I'll try and work them out if I've got a mo - would be interesting!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Be interesting to see viewing figures for Cyprus?
          How great would it be if Michael Georgiou could pull of the big sensation today! But as many upsets there have been I really doubt that there will be a surprise winner in this match.

Comment

-
            I think the odds on Lines/Lines in the semis are 1 to 512, but of course I stand to be corrected ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
              How great would it be if Michael Georgiou could pull of the big sensation today! But as many upsets there have been I really doubt that there will be a surprise winner in this match.
              That would be luvverly jubberly far as I'm concerned

C'mon Michael :snooker:
              Last edited by daffie; 28 November 2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Good start but missed a couple , and the Rocket appears to be flying .

Some statistic 1100 points to 108 against in 12 frames !!!!
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Was busy in Seattle over the weekend so I missed quite a bit as the streaming was blocked. Has Binghams head stopped shaking yet?

Comment

• Oh well, the family semifinal's off then, Peter Lines beaten 6 - 2 by Liam Highfield, disappointing to see Anthony McGill out as well. Doesn't look like I missed much this afternoon, televised matches-wise anyway.

I'd like to watch Delu v Brecel tonight but it's not being televised so think I'll concentrate on Higgins v Wollaston initially and see how things develop.
                    Wonder if they'd let Ben's wife ref on one of the other tables in the arena while he's playing?

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Gilbert beating Carter was quite surprising

Comment

• Just finished watching Judd's comments on the BBC after getting beat 6 - 2 by Oliver Lines, very disappointing.
                        "It kind of gets to the point when the balls run like that where you can feel sort of invincible...." & "Even when he missed he didn't leave much...."
                        A 6 - 2 defeat, 20% down on his opponent's safety game and blames luck. Come on Judd, at least have the good grace to aknowledget when you've been fairly and soundly beaten.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Par for the course really with Judd. The times he has been gracious or magnanimous in defeat can be counted on one hand.

Meanwhile John is up 3-2 vs Ben.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            Par for the course really with Judd. The times he has been gracious or magnanimous in defeat can be counted on one hand.
                            And that would be django reinhardt's left I presume.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

And that would be django reinhardt's left I presume.

-
                              That I had to look up. Didn't know that little (no pun intended) fact about Django. But yes I agree with you on that...probably just a 2 or 3 digit count
                              Last edited by daffie; 28 November 2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Switching over to the Fu vs Mei match now as Higgins seems to be cruising to victory over Woollaston.

Comment

Working...
                                X