No announcement yet.

2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dominant performance from Selby after the interval. The highlight was that cannon to win the 7th frame, a brilliant shot. The session could have finished differently had O'Sullivan potted that blue to go 3-3 though. :smile:

Well, Selby doesn't often lose from these commanding positions, but it has happened before of course, most notably in the 2013 UK final against Robertson, when he led 5-1 and hardly won a frame after that. O'Sullivan himself has come from behind in major finals before, against Robertson in the Welsh Open last season for example, when he was completely outplayed in the first session but still went on to win the match comfortably. His comeback against Maguire in the 2012 German Masters final was great as well...

Realistically though, Selby is a big favourite from here.

Comment

• Ronnie looks resigned to losing the match, his body language says it all. I think he needs a session with Steve Peters and while he's at it a Mark Selby Voodoo doll!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
        Must admit that I'm completely disgusted with Selby. Good player but just don't like his grinder style. It seems he likes to play those scrappy frames. Yea he's world number one etc etc, but just can't stand him. Don't get me wrong though

But 6-2 it its then. Ronnie needs to pull something special out of his sleeve to win this. Hoping he does. Cheers!
        I have to say I don't think Selby has been negative at all during this tournament. He's made seven centuries, knocked in some sublime pots and more often than not has played the attacking shot. I personally enjoy the tactical battles and the mental games that ensue from those frames, and they are few better than Selby. Each to their own I guess

Comment

• Did anyone notice Ronnie asking the ref to hold his cue during before the 9th frame last night while he was putting his towel down and arranging his water. The ref obliged and held it for about 10 seconds but looked a bit perplexed I've never seen that before.

I think that's why the ref spent ages re-spotting the pink under the pack of reds when it wouldn't go on it's spot and keeping a bemused Ronnie waiting.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
            Ronnie looks resigned to losing the match, his body language says it all. I think he needs a session with Steve Peters and while he's at it a Mark Selby Voodoo doll!
            I agree ken147
            Steve Davis made good analysis by stating from here on in for ROS, the standard of opponents will only get stronger.
            unlike Mohammad Ali who was stripped of his belts and could not compete at a time that many thought was his prime. ROS chose not to compete for only reasons know to ROS.
            Will ROS regret some of his decisions? I doubt it.
            But unfortunately the world may never know how good ROS could have been. And that's a real shame.
            ---
            A tremendous come back tonight will put right a lot of wrongs...
            Can't wait :snooker:
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Not a chance Ronnie will win a frame tonight, he can't compete on safety and plays to many silly shots and when gifted chances can't capitalise oh well

Comment

• Ronnie can't compete on safety .......are you having a laugh .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Not against Selby he can't, how much time did he take on some of those shots to then play a nothing shot and leave a pot on more so when just chipping at short range, he's created chances yes but his break building as been dire, how bad was that shot to the middle in the last screwed it into the reds by mistake....

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                    Not a chance Ronnie will win a frame tonight, he can't compete on safety and plays to many silly shots and when gifted chances can't capitalise oh well
                    Repeat that after he reels off four in 40 minutes
                    Blown away

Comment

• I think Ronnie is genuinely nervous in the latter stages of tournaments these days. He mentioned it during his interview with Steve Davis and he simply looks caught in the headlights at times.

He talked about wondering if he is still good enough and I think the doubt is showing in the uncharacteristic misses.

His cueing in the last two matches has looked very rushed, almost like he's snatching at (some...not all of course) shots like a club player, he just looks like he's desperate to finish and get off the table.

That's not to say he can't fire in 4 centuries in a row this evening and go on to win of course, all depends if he can calm himself down!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                        I think Ronnie is genuinely nervous in the latter stages of tournaments these days. He mentioned it during his interview with Steve Davis and he simply looks caught in the headlights at times.

He talked about wondering if he is still good enough and I think the doubt is showing in the uncharacteristic misses.

His cueing in the last two matches has looked very rushed, almost like he's snatching at (some...not all of course) shots like a club player, he just looks like he's desperate to finish and get off the table.

That's not to say he can't fire in 4 centuries in a row this evening and go on to win of course, all depends if he can calm himself down!
                        I notices that, his feathering has changed from his usual free flowing style

Comment

• Ronnie is the best there is at winning frames in a flash so I hope he has a fresh head tonight and can start taking care of business. If he wins the first few Selby will start feeling the pressure and it could be a close final. I don't have a preference on a winner I just want to see it go to down to the wire.
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                            I notices that, his feathering has changed from his usual free flowing style
                            Yeah it just looks off, I presume someone will have pointed that out to him!

Comment

• Doubt it, he's been doing it all tournament, Davis mentioned it a while back saying it looks mechanical rather then just two quick feathers he normally does

Comment

• 2016 UK Championship

Thought FRB had been outed but no....same row different seat, different shirt.....

Comment

Working...
                                X