No announcement yet.

2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Selby is taking over from Ronnie. Judd was supposed to do it but he is not good enough.

Comment

• It would be rather nice to have Ding and Judd's best qualities.

Jack Lisowski was telling a story how Ding got straight off a 12-hour flight from China, rocked up in Sheffield, Jack said "Fancy a game?", Ding: "Yeah sure"...

*Jack breaks off*

*Ding makes 147*
      Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        And Nadal like Selby takes an inordinate amount of time to do anything, it breaks the concentration of the opponent and that's whay they do it.
        Even Ronnie now acknowledges that this rather paranoid perspective is nonsense.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
          It would be rather nice to have Ding and Judd's best qualities.

Jack Lisowski was telling a story how Ding got straight off a 12-hour flight from China, rocked up in Sheffield, Jack said "Fancy a game?", Ding: "Yeah sure"...

*Jack breaks off*

*Ding makes 147*
          Great post; that really would be the ultimate player. So Ding needs Judd's long game and confidence and Judd needs Ding's patience and control.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            Great post; that really would be the ultimate player. So Ding needs Judd's long game and confidence and Judd needs Ding's patience and control.
            Ding is lacking a consistent B/C game and his concentration levels over the season is also suspect. Also when he is break building he is too meticulous and gets upset when his intricate cannons do not come off.

Comment

• I really hoped reaching The Crucible final would be a turning point for Ding. He has always struggled at that venue, and reaching the final would've given him the confidence. It was the one thing left to achieve for him, and he came his closest to actually doing it.

When he won the Shanghai Masters, I was thinking maybe Ding could really push on. But since then, he's starting struggling again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                Mark Selby is taking over from Ronnie. Judd was supposed to do it but he is not good enough.
                Judd still has no top overall around game. His shot selection is not good enough IMO. But so far this season he was making steps into the right direction I think. Lets see how he develops.

As for Ding he has the game and its rather a lack of confidence and/or concentration I suppose. I hope that he can soon recover from his latest struggles.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Kargetina View Post
                  In the last 15 Triple Crown events,

Selby has won 5 (2 WSC, 2 UK, 1 Masters)
                  Ronnie has won 5 (2 WSC, 2 Masters, 1 UK)
                  Robertson has won 3 (2 UK, 1 Masters)
                  Bingham has won 1 WSC
                  Murphy has won 1 Masters

It's not surprising at all to see Ronnie and Mark dominating but it is kinda surprising how much Ding and Trump have regressed in recent years.

If someone told me 5 years ago that neither would win one Triple Crown event, i would not have believed it at all.
                  Interesting stat, can't believe how five years have gone by so quickly. Wonder if Trump has kept up his payments on his Ferrari with that?

Comment

• The two of them came at the same time, Trump and Allen, if I wanted to be in anyones shoes right now it'd be Allen. I think recent performances would back that up. Yeah I prefer watching Trump but I reckon the better player is Allen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      Nope...like I said he mentioned this during a BBC interview this week (aired the day before he played Mark Selby).

He said it last year as well, as I haven´t seen anything live this year. ;-)
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                        Interesting stat, can't believe how five years have gone by so quickly. Wonder if Trump has kept up his payments on his Ferrari with that?
                        He sold the white Ferrari 458 a couple of years ago. He's now got a BMW i8 and the new Audi R8 V10 Plus. Not too shabby at all
                        Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

He sold the white Ferrari 458 a couple of years ago. He's now got a BMW i8 and the new Audi R8 V10 Plus. Not too shabby at all
                          Those i8s have got amazing interiors, I guess a Ferraris lack of practicality would get tiring after a while so he's got upgrades if anything.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                            Those i8s have got amazing interiors, I guess a Ferraris lack of practicality would get tiring after a while so he's got upgrades if anything.
                            Yeah, although the i8 and R8 aren't much more practical lol. I'd do nasty things for an R8 V10 Plus. Hubba

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                              He said it last year as well, as I haven´t seen anything live this year. ;-)
                              Ah I see

Comment

I read somewhere that he bought another car a few weeks ago , a second hand one.........................£200k Rolls Royce apparently !
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X