No announcement yet.

2017 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Liang...first frame on the board. Very important!

Comment

2017 Masters

Is that the perils of playing every shot with side?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Is that the perils of playing every shot with side?

indeed.

...and we're all square.

:snooker:

Comment

Liang got away with a few lashes there, lucky to be 2 all IMO. Very entertaining start though.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I hadn't seen that incredible trickshot...unbelievable!!! Never seen anything like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMBfzv94oeQ&feature=share

Comment

yep, posted elsewhere earlier this week.
              Love Hazel "...try at home..." who at home has 500ft to do this

ADR possibly but Joe Blogs :wink:
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Lucky if I can find even 50ft

Comment

some pretty suspicious mistakes in this match

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                    some pretty suspicious mistakes in this match
                    That's what pressure can do out there, incredible isn't it. Great entertainment for us though ay.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      That's what pressure can do out there, incredible isn't it. Great entertainment for us though ay.

-
                      indeed.

Comment

Well that was great fun. Can't see Ronnie winning the tournament if he continues to play like that though, so many chances given. Nice to see them embrace at the end, and a big smile from Liang, he's a good lad.

Bite to eat, walk the dog, Ding v Wilson, happy days.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

One thing that confused me... O'Sullivan ran out of position after potting a red. He could hit the black direct but chose instead to play for the yellow in the hope of leaving a better safety. He played and missed the yellow twice before hitting it the third time. As he could hit the black direct though, surely he should've been warned that he could lose the frame and match if he missed again? The referee didn't warn him and the commentators didn't mention the possibility.

Comment

An entertaining start to the tournament then, although unfortunately I couldn't give it my full concentration today. It was the kind of match where both players could have taken control and run away with it, they certainly both had scoring chances in most of the frames, but a couple of sloppy visits and mistakes here and there kept the match close. :smile:

O'Sullivan is a lucky man, isn't he? I remember Joe Perry missing an easy pink when he was something like 50-0 up, to beat him 6-4 in the 1st round in 2009, and O'Sullivan went on to win the tournament. Then last year Mark Williams was in in the decider and missed that ill-advised plant, and again O'Sullivan went on to win the title. Today Liang missed match ball against him, and wasted a couple of other scoring chances for the match as well... Will O'Sullivan be lifting the trophy again on Sunday? It wouldn't surprise me at all. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bully Wee Villa View Post
                              One thing that confused me... O'Sullivan ran out of position after potting a red. He could hit the black direct but chose instead to play for the yellow in the hope of leaving a better safety. He played and missed the yellow twice before hitting it the third time. As he could hit the black direct though, surely he should've been warned that he could lose the frame and match if he missed again? The referee didn't warn him and the commentators didn't mention the possibility.
                              The Eurosport commentators mentioned it, but then concluded that the camera angle must have been misleading and O'Sullivan couldn't see the black full ball after all. Personally, I'm pretty sure he could in fact see it. Collier probably just failed to notice that he needed to warn him, either that or he intentionally chose not to. It wouldn't have been unprecedented actually, I remember reading about Alan Chamberlain once doing this in a major final. Apparently the situation was quite similar to the one today, but Chamberlain decided not to warn the player in question, because playing the ball he could see directly would have required a very difficult shot with the spider. I think it was The Statman who speculated that that incident might have been the reason Chamberlain didn't get many more major finals to referee in the latter part of his career.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bully Wee Villa View Post
                                Cannot believe that Mr 'can't do anything wrong', 'look at me', 'tournament director', 'youngest ever world championship referee', 'love myself', and most importantly 'assessor of other referees' Collier didn't warn o'sullivan. It could have put a different complexion on the game, had he done so as he may have played a different shot and let his opponent in. Shocking performance and the comentators should have picked up on it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X