No announcement yet.

2017 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a 3 year old can put that black into the pocket with Coke Straw....very suspicious incidents happened in this opening match...also the post reaction of Ronnie and that Clown liang saying much

Comment

Originally Posted by Bully Wee Villa View Post
      One thing that confused me... O'Sullivan ran out of position after potting a red. He could hit the black direct but chose instead to play for the yellow in the hope of leaving a better safety. He played and missed the yellow twice before hitting it the third time. As he could hit the black direct though, surely he should've been warned that he could lose the frame and match if he missed again? The referee didn't warn him and the commentators didn't mention the possibility.
      which frame was this?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think it was the penultimate frame (or the one before that)

Comment

Well Ronnie dodged a bullet there.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

He hit the yellow on the third attempt though, but I was surprised that nobody seemed to notice it on the BBC coverage

Comment

Frame 10 approx. 3:25
              ROS leaves himself in the pack after potting a Red.
              Black is fully available, ROS calls Yellow (this becomes the Ball On)
              Misses twice, hits it third time.
              Question was why was no warning given after the second Miss - no warning if given as none of the Ball On can be seen in a direct straight line from the cue ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Well that was great fun. Can't see Ronnie winning the tournament if he continues to play like that though, so many chances given. Nice to see them embrace at the end, and a big smile from Liang, he's a good lad.

Bite to eat, walk the dog, Ding v Wilson, happy days.

-
                First match...Final frame decider...Love it!

:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Frame 10 approx. 3:25
                  ROS leaves himself in the pack after potting a Red.
                  Black is fully available, ROS calls Yellow (this becomes the Ball On)
                  Misses twice, hits it third time.
                  Question was why was no warning given after the second Miss - no warning if given as none of the Ball On can be seen in a direct straight line from the cue ball.
                  I don't think it matters which ball O'Sullivan nominated, because the rule refers to "a ball that was on or could have been on". In this situation the black could have been on and O'Sullivan could see it full ball, so he really should have been warned before his third attempt. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    I don't think it matters which ball O'Sullivan nominated, because the rule refers to "a ball that was on or could have been on". In this situation the black could have been on and O'Sullivan could see it full ball, so he really should have been warned before his third attempt. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?
                    I think you are mixing some of the criteria of F&M.

It DOES matter which ball the player nominates as their Ball On.

IF ROS nominates Black, and misses two times, then there would be a Warning - because he can see Full ball contact of the ball on. A warning is only an option IF full ball contact to the ball on is possible.

As ROS nominated Yellow, no contact possible, a Warning will not be called, hence the never ending calls of Miss and a replace we have seen.

Comment

"...a ball that was on or could have been on..."
                      As soon as ROS nominates the Yellow, that is now the Ball On and all other balls are balls NOT on.
                      This line also covers the situation where the position of balls may not be exactly the same due to replacement by the referee after the first Miss, where the situation before the first miss continues in essence if necessary
                      Last edited by DeanH; 15 January 2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

But the black could have been on, it just wasn't, as opposed to a red, which could never have been on.

Comment

Well, this situation isn't very common, but it does happen from time to time, and I'm 99% sure I've seen a warning given after a second Miss on more than on occasion in televised matches.

Imagine a situation like today, and let's say O'Sullivan plays the black twice and misses it for some reason. He is then put back in by his opponent. If the rule was applied the way you describe, the referee would say nothing until O'Sullivan actually nominated his colour. He would only give him a warning if O'Sullivan nominated the black. And if O'Sullivan then changed his mind and nominated the yellow, the referee would retract the warning?

Comment

Maxi Alert! :snooker:

C'mon Ding!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Well, this situation isn't very common, but it does happen from time to time, and I'm 99% sure I've seen a warning given after a second Miss on more than on occasion in televised matches.

Imagine a situation like today, and let's say O'Sullivan plays the black twice and misses it for some reason. He is then put back in by his opponent. If the rule was applied the way you describe, the referee would say nothing until O'Sullivan actually nominated his colour. He would only give him a warning if O'Sullivan nominated the black. And if O'Sullivan then changed his mind and nominated the yellow, the referee would retract the warning?
                              If he then misses the yellow that's 3 balls on missed in a row and end of frame, no?

Edit: Sorry, that's garbage isn't it, he can't see all of the yellow can he.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 15 January 2017, 07:38 PM.
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Just too much adrenaline in the last black to yellow...
                                Unlucky Ding!!! :snooker:
                                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019
                                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X