2017 China Open Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happened this morning with the milkins match the female ref was subbed!

Comment

probably have to catch trains or something

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I saw this happen yesterday, Leo took over from Ingo Schmidt(?). As you say I thought maybe a problem, illness or something; but here it is again in a BO9 match? strange

edit
        If a referee is scheduled to do consecutive sessions and the first session takes its time; they are relived 1.5hr before the start of the second session so they can have a break.
        I would have thought World Snooker would have enough Referees to cover the matches without them having to do consecutive sessions instead of been replaced by another referee halfway through the match, plus I notice the referee as to operate the scoring system with a remote control by themselves, so they have no assisting referees on the scoring computer
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

It is quite usual not to have markers at qualies as well on back tables at CPs.
          Maybe the sponsor won't cough up funds to have more refs. ?
          But like you I also would think WS would have enough refs to not require change overs halfway through matches.
          Last edited by DeanH; 26 January 2017, 07:38 PM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wells won 2 frames total vs Fu before today, of course he went on winning now that I needed Fu to complete my acca. unbelievable stuff.

Comment

Cahill had several chances from frame 5 to steal the frames against ROS but not to be.

Comment

good win for Frazz against Day 5-2, having to get out of some tricky snookers at the end
                Very good match, yes, got out of some good ones. I cant wait to see how he does at main event.. good player..
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Re: Cahill v. ROS

In Frame 8, just before ROS fouled by knocking in the green, the referee pulled a red up and set it against another one. On the previous shot, Cahill had fouled. I assume (not being as sagacious as most of you) that the referee was looking to ensure that ROS could see both edges of the one red that was in play. Never seen it before - did I guess right?

It happens at the 7:10 mark in this video ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Zxhx94QWo
                  Chris from Canada

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                    Jason Weston was on the circuit in the 90's and didn't do anything then. What makes him think that he will do any better 20 years later? Might as well throw his (or a sponsor if he has one) money up in the air in a hurricane. Loser!
                    bit harsh that!

Comment

Originally Posted by Railfan87 View Post
                      Re: Cahill v. ROS

In Frame 8, just before ROS fouled by knocking in the green, the referee pulled a red up and set it against another one. On the previous shot, Cahill had fouled. I assume (not being as sagacious as most of you) that the referee was looking to ensure that ROS could see both edges of the one red that was in play. Never seen it before - did I guess right?

It happens at the 7:10 mark in this video ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Zxhx94QWo
                      Yes, you use another ball (off the table) placed alongside the possible object ball to see if the cue ball can hit this temp full-ball, if it can then the extreme edge of the object ball can be hit, so then no Free Ball
                      Last edited by DeanH; 27 January 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Yes, you use another ball (off the table) placed alongside the possible object ball to see if the cue ball can hit this temp full-ball, if it can then the extreme edge of the object ball can be hit, so then no Free Ball
                        Thanks, Dean, I've learned something today
                        Chris from Canada

Comment

But like you I also would think WS would have enough refs to not require change overs halfway through matches.
                          WS have the funds but prefer not to pay for more officials as it eats into their profits.

Comment

Hi Dean - what are you watching this on, YouTube ?
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Hi Dean - what are you watching this on, YouTube ?
                              Eurosport Player

See post #13 for details (offer still open)
                              May be my last resort (except for the BBC events) if Eurosport is removed from Sky platform
                              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...513#post917513

Comment

Eurosport Player

See post #13 for details (offer still open)
                                May be my last resort (except for the BBC events) if Eurosport is removed from Sky platform
                                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...513#post917513
                                Thank you! Friday night entertainment sorted. : )
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X