Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

world seniors event, hendry playing again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world seniors event, hendry playing again?

https://www.snookerlegends.co.uk/wscform.html

anyone over 40 can enter this?

I think the cut off age is 45. Not open to main tour players though, quite rightly. I believe 8 players have been invited and there is some sort of open qualifying for the remaining 4 or so places.

Comment

In theory then Hendry could win another World Title as the winner of the seniors gets a place at the 2017 World Championships, some players turned down there invitation Steve Davis, Ray Reardon, Terry Griffiths, Tony Meo & Doug Mountjoy.

seeded list is:

1, Stephen Hendry - 7 world titles, 18 triple crown events
      2, Cliff Thorburn - 1 world title, 4 triple crown events
      3, John Parrott - 1 world title, 2 triple crown events, 9 ranking events
      4, Dennis Taylor - 1 world title, 2 triple crown events, 2 ranking events
      5, Joe Johnson - 1 world title, 1 triple crown events
      6, Patsy Fagan - 0 world titles, 1 triple crown events
      7, Tony Knowles - 0 world titles, 0 triple crown events, 2 ranking events
      8, Willie Thorne - 0 world titles, 0 triple crown events, 1 ranking event, 6 professional events
      Last edited by CueAntW147; 28 January 2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
        I think the cut off age is 45. Not open to main tour players though, quite rightly. I believe 8 players have been invited and there is some sort of open qualifying for the remaining 4 or so places.
        Over 40 and non pro tour player
        4 qualifying events with 4 places up for grabs to play the 5-8 seeds.
        Last edited by DeanH; 28 January 2017, 06:16 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Anyone on TSF having a go ?

Comment

I'm not keen on the format..in the qualification rounds, if it's 2-2 it's a black ball re-spot..same in the rounds at Scunthorpe if it goes 3-3, I would rather lose a full frame than a black ball re-spot

Comment

Shot clock
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Does he get automatic entry? Stephen Hendry is also one of the partners of this event with another guy. Only saying!!! LoL.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Shot clock
                  Really? I was looking forward to this. I'd still watch it but I think a shot clock makes a mockery of what could be a very good event. Also the black ball re-spot in the qualification rounds is just daft. Is this due to time constraints?

Comment

Glad to see Mr. Cliff Thorburn will be there. Have the rules changed, I thought that Williams won it last, he is a pro player, will he be there to defend title. I might be wrong here... Cheers
                    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Shot clock
                      With your comfy sole's you'd have an advantage, get the entry in
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                        Really? I was looking forward to this. I'd still watch it but I think a shot clock makes a mockery of what could be a very good event. Also the black ball re-spot in the qualification rounds is just daft. Is this due to time constraints?
                        They lock the doors in old people's homes at 10
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          With your comfy sole's you'd have an advantage, get the entry in
                          30 second shot clock! Have you seen the pace I go round the table ! If I go from black to yellow I have to have a break around the blue spot
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
                            I understand it is 40 and anyone can enter, this was the link I found for entries
                            https://www.snookerlegends.co.uk/wscform.html

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                              Glad to see Mr. Cliff Thorburn will be there. Have the rules changed, I thought that Williams won it last, he is a pro player, will he be there to defend title. I might be wrong here... Cheers
                              This event is no longer being run by World Snooker but Snooker Legends, new entry rules as have been explained previously, no current pro players allowed, small main event of 8 players + 4 qualifiers, etc.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X