Etiquette or is there a rule???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Salute to Dean! You really are wearing the mortar board and collecting the honours degree with your knowledge! Class act! ��
    Spot on !!

Comment

Remember that the referee is the sole judge of fair and unfair play. If the non-striker interfered with the table during his opponent's legitimate break, then he would be penalised with the appropriate points being added to his opponent's overall score. I think in the interests of fair play, I'd replace any balls an allow the legitimate striker to continue to make his break, carrying on from where he left off.

Deliberately interfering with the table whilst not the striker is NOT an automatic loss of frame.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
        Remember that the referee is the sole judge of fair and unfair play. If the non-striker interfered with the table during his opponent's legitimate break, then he would be penalised with the appropriate points being added to his opponent's overall score. I think in the interests of fair play, I'd replace any balls an allow the legitimate striker to continue to make his break, carrying on from where he left off.

Deliberately interfering with the table whilst not the striker is NOT an automatic loss of frame.
        Well there's another can of worms, do the foul points added on count as part of the break?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          Well there's another can of worms, do the foul points added on count as part of the break?
          As I said, the penalty points would be added to his OVERALL score (ie not his break) and the player would be allowed to continue his break (FROM WHERE HE LEFT OFF).
          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Thanks lad

Comment

It's true , it's Not . Unless the frame is'nt already decided on the score board .

just for the record , what You're saying is that one of the players just walks to the table while his opponet goes on with his break and smashes the balls over the table deliberately and the Ref says : No problem at all , your opponet gets 4 points and we just put the balls back and Carry on ???

is this your theory ?

Oh , okey . Thanks for the info .
              Last edited by Ramon; 4 February 2017, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                It's true , it's Not . Unless the frame is'nt already decided on the score board .

just for the record , what You're saying is that one of the players just walks to the table while his opponet goes on with his break and smashes the balls over the table deliberately and the Ref says : No problem at all , your opponet gets 4 points and we just put the balls back and Carry on ???

is this your theory ?

Oh , okey . Thanks for the info .
                Do you put work in being this sarcastic or does it just come naturally.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                  Do you put work in being this sarcastic or does it just come naturally.
                  It's no use crying over spilt milk, Amigo !!

Comment

Remember that the referee is the sole judge of fair and unfair play. Deliberately interfering with the table whilst not the striker is NOT an automatic loss of frame.
                    It would be if I was reffing and the sole judge of fair and unfair play; ungentlemanly conduct loss of frame, sort it outside if you don't like it pal.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      It would be if I was reffing and the sole judge of fair and unfair play; ungentlemanly conduct loss of frame, sort it outside if you don't like it pal.
                      Too right, and if the offender was somehow protecting his current highest break I would strike that from the records too

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        +10

Any Ref would do the same.

touch the ball. and you're doing it on purpose ( Deliberately ) , and you lose the frame.

Comment

Working...
                        X