2017 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by stephen povey View Post
    Congratulations to Barry Hawkins on winning the "Grand Prix" today,he deserved it.Onto Cardiff tomorrow!
    So many snooker tournaments now, but I suppose we should be grateful for that
    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Well done Hawkins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
        I think he should go on and win a few more majors now and I think he's in with a shout for the world's this year.
        Barry is really playing very good snooker the last few weeks. In this form he has to be considered among the favorites, especially cause he always played good in the crucible the last few years.
        He's now #2 in the ranking for this season alone.

Comment

• Time to move on to Cardiff....

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            Barry is really playing very good snooker the last few weeks. In this form he has to be considered among the favorites, especially cause he always played good in the crucible the last few years.
            He's now #2 in the ranking for this season alone.
            When you do your analysis of a player you think of recent form, is their game suited to shorter or longer formats and can they go the distance
            at the Crucible. Well, Hawkins recent form is excellent, he certainly has the game and mental stamina for the longer formats and has been to a
            world final, so yes, he MUST be a serious contender.
            John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
              When you do your analysis of a player you think of recent form, is their game suited to shorter or longer formats and can they go the distance
              at the Crucible. Well, Hawkins recent form is excellent, he certainly has the game and mental stamina for the longer formats and has been to a
              world final, so yes, he MUST be a serious contender.
              My worry is how nervous he seemed to be when it came to winning the last frame of the final. That pressure will be times hundred if he needed one more frame to win The Crucible. He was lucky, if you can call it luck, to build up a cushion at the start of the frame.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                My worry is how nervous he seemed to be when it came to winning the last frame of the final. That pressure will be times hundred if he needed one more frame to win The Crucible. He was lucky, if you can call it luck, to build up a cushion at the start of the frame.
                That could be his achilles heel Can you imagine Selby or Higgins coming back at him?

Comment

Working...
                X