2017 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The Indoor Bowls pulls more punters than this.
    How many events does Indoor Bowls have on TV?
    As you know there is snooker event ever other week on average and often on TV
    When Bowls comes on, the fans will attend
    Got to say my children and I did watch some of the bowls :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by two-cues View Post
      Interesting that once Ronnies match had finished a load of them went home,
      Not interesting or surprising as it has been noticed and mentioned many times before. I have seen it myself at events, when ROS is on the crowd swells with ROS fans, and then they go. When they are there the noise and distracting behaviour multiplies.
      ROS is a big draw for events and I am sure that it is a concern for WS and Hearn on how to maintain this attraction if/when he stops playing....

Comment

Yeah, at Preston a couple of years back lost half the crowd after he played even though Murphy and Trump followed him, which was a much better game!
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I'm just watching Carter vs Zhou. Zhou looks a good talent but his game is too attacking at the moment. I actually think his safety is ok, but his shot selection isn't great at times.

Comment

It's a final frame decider.

Comment

That Yan Bingtao looks a decent prospect.

Comment

One time, when I was in Telford, I was watching Shaun Murphy vs Patrick Wallace. On the other table Ronnie O'Sullivan was playing. Fans wondered in and out, but there was never more than five of us watching in the crowd.

Weirdly, for a few frames, CJ from Eggheads was there.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  How many events does Indoor Bowls have on TV?
                  As you know there is snooker event ever other week on average and often on TV
                  When Bowls comes on, the fans will attend
                  Got to say my children and I did watch some of the bowls :biggrin:
                  There is only one event on mainstream TV and that's the Worlds from Potters and yes, I do quite enjoy bowls
                  John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    One time, when I was in Telford, I was watching Shaun Murphy vs Patrick Wallace. On the other table Ronnie O'Sullivan was playing. Fans wondered in and out, but there was never more than five of us watching in the crowd.

Weirdly, for a few frames, CJ from Eggheads was there.
                    I remember the UK's temporary home @ Telford and wan't impressed with the venue, but was fortunate with the semi's Higgins v O'Sullivan.

The players entered from what looked like a gymnasium and it seemed very basic for snookers 2nd main tournament. I enjoyed the Pukka pies though
                    and meeting big Jan Verhaas
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Not interesting or surprising as it has been noticed and mentioned many times before. I have seen it myself at events, when ROS is on the crowd swells with ROS fans, and then they go. When they are there the noise and distracting behaviour multiplies.
                      ROS is a big draw for events and I am sure that it is a concern for WS and Hearn on how to maintain this attraction if/when he stops playing....

He has sorted it out already.
                      It is the Chinese youngsters.
                      They will take it to the new level. Especially Bingtao with his charisma.
                      That is why they have preferential treatment back at home.
                      They are almost ready.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                        Yeah, at Preston a couple of years back lost half the crowd after he played even though Murphy and Trump followed him, which was a much better game!
                        Ptc finals 2014 if I remember. Ronnie made a 140 but was beaten by Yu delu.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                          He has sorted it out already.
                          It is the Chinese youngsters.
                          They will take it to the new level. Especially Bingtao with his charisma.
                          That is why they have preferential treatment back at home.
                          They are almost ready.
                          yep, impressed with Yan Bingtao, as well as Zhou and Xaio, just need some rough edges polished out of their current game, shot choice, etc. and experience of the main stage

Comment

More technical difficulties only this time we don't have to watch Mr f*cking Green and his offers!

Comment

Watching the Robertson v Walden match and noticed that Walden is using a plain ebony maple shafted cue instead of his ash traditional design cue.
                              How long has he been using this as not seen much of him lately on tv??
                              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Maybe not for the yobs and knobsacks aka RO fans, but they do for snooker fans.
                                Spoken like a true "armchair fan"! Get out there and support your sport, like us "yob, knobsack" ROS fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X