Mark Kings Tattoo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Kings Tattoo's

just watching mark king in the grand prix and wondered if im right that he as tattoo's on the back of his hands, remember back to my early playing days and we had a great player in our league in hartlepool in the seventies and early eighties Kevin Sumpton from horden and he had his application to turn pro turned down because of his tattoos, in those days was harder to turn pro, winning English amateur was one way and other way was to apply and the board at the time would decide your fate, even tony Knowles was turned down twice I believe, just think how times change in these days of the polo shirt worn in the shoot out, just a shirt in the ptc's back to normal tie in some events in day sessions and some players not wearing a tie at all, although back in the day Higgins and the great cliff Wilson didn't wear a tie.
    do you think modern trends in regard to clothing and body art etc are acceptable or do you prefer the more traditional attire
    Craftsman custom made cue
    57 inches
    17 ounces
    9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
    ash shaft plain ebony butt

I think he got it/them after his NI win
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
      just watching mark king in the grand prix and wondered if im right that he as tattoo's on the back of his hands, remember back to my early playing days and we had a great player in our league in hartlepool in the seventies and early eighties Kevin Sumpton from horden and he had his application to turn pro turned down because of his tattoos, in those days was harder to turn pro, winning English amateur was one way and other way was to apply and the board at the time would decide your fate, even tony Knowles was turned down twice I believe, just think how times change in these days of the polo shirt worn in the shoot out, just a shirt in the ptc's back to normal tie in some events in day sessions and some players not wearing a tie at all, although back in the day Higgins and the great cliff Wilson didn't wear a tie.
      do you think modern trends in regard to clothing and body art etc are acceptable or do you prefer the more traditional attire
      Well, I'd definitely be in favour of loosening up the clothing rules, as I've always found them rather archaic. As for Mark - he certainly has tattoos on the back of his hands (saw them in the interview after he won the Northern Ireland Open), but if they extend to his arms as well I don't know whether I'd like to see him roll up his sleeves too far during a tournament! (But then again maybe he wouldn't be allowed to ...)
      Last edited by crocodile; 10 February 2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

personally, I prefer not to see tattoos

Comment

Mark Williams has plenty too

Comment

And Stephen Maguire too.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              personally, I prefer not to see tattoos
              Whys that ? I can't see why it would make a difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                Whys that ? I can't see why it would make a difference.
                not saying it makes any difference (in snooker)
                I just don't like tattoos any time always have; I appreciate the talent of the artist, I just don't like them on a person and the more on a body the less I like them... is there a "Fear of Tattoos"?

edit:
                Tatouazophobia – The fear of a tattoo, tattoos or of being tattooed.
                learnt something new today

Comment

Not a fan of them myself, just seems to be a fad of the last lot of years of people getting them left and right. They were nowhere near as abundant in the 90's and early 2000's. Then again tattoos are tame compared to some of the weird crap people are doing to themselves these days. "body mods".

Comment

There visible in most other sports to me wouldn't make a difference I think it time they did away with the shirt and waistcoat tie or bow. Keep the shoes black pants but wear a polo shirt instead.

Comment

It's 2017, most women have as many / even more tattoo's than men. There should be zero difference Re: the rules nowadays. If you can have them on show in Wimbledon, then that's a good sign to move with the times.

Comment

I don't mind the tattoos at all, but I wouldn't like them to change the clothing system. It's a tradition and a classy one, and I can't really see it affecting the players anyway. I don't think there would be anymore centuries if they'd chane to polo shirts. It would only be a slippery slope to the american pool world with all the non-gentlemanny manners and such.

Although the polo shirts would be more sport-like, but since many of the players look nothing like athletes, I don't think it's the solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X