Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Just spoke to them on the phone, there is no coverage on their website tonight, doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon. Why? Because they're bum holes.

-
    You'd think they could hook up a couple of decent web cams and push that out over the red button for small change? As you say though.... They are balloon knots!
    I noticed yesterday that hanging for the gantries about each of the "back" tables (holding the lights) there does appear to be a small static overhead camera. I doubt they are active but why not use these and stream them? I am sure these are World Snooker and not BBC specific
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

This morning on table 2 they also had a gizmo looking at the table that could be a table/ball position type system. First match they had it by the score board so would not be seen on TV footage but for the second March they had moved it to the yellow side parallel to the blue which could possibly be seen by the remote ptz cameras when looking that way.
      They removed it after the second match.
      Maybe a new ball replacement system being tested?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I noticed yesterday that hanging for the gantries about each of the "back" tables (holding the lights) there does appear to be a small static overhead camera. I doubt they are active but why not use these and stream them? I am sure these are World Snooker and not BBC specific
        Interesting, it could easily be done, with the Beeb being so old Skool wouldn't want to push a thread out without commentary etc. I don't think it matters for the red button personally. Just any coverage so you could track the proceedings and see how the players form are looking etc would be appreciated.

Hope your enjoying it Dean, good to hear a few snippets from the inside.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

by the by if any one heard a bang about 10s after Ding left the table, that was him punching open the door to leave the arena :wink:
          "something vexes thee?"
          Is Ding out?
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Interesting, it could easily be done, with the Beeb being so old Skool wouldn't want to push a thread out without commentary etc. I don't think it matters for the red button personally. Just any coverage so you could track the proceedings and see how the players form are looking etc would be appreciated.

Hope your enjoying it Dean, good to hear a few snippets from the inside.
            As I said I think it is maybe for WS to use, don't know if their YouTube channel can do multiple streams?
            If they don't use them why are they there?
            Or at least record the 147s that we hear about but don't get to see

:wink:

It is great being at an event, more should do it, amazing how many players, commentators, etc. you see over at the Tesco Express getting a sarnie or two, or walking around the town centre.
            Today I saw Dunn, Joe Johnson, Gould, Ford, Wenbo and Griffiths. Sitting in the audience with the young Chinese players with Fu (not so young ), Perry, Igor.
            Last edited by DeanH; 14 February 2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              by the by if any one heard a bang about 10s after Ding left the table, that was him punching open the door to leave the arena :wink:
              "something vexes thee?"
              Is Ding out?
              Yes, he was playing Robin Hull.
              Both had a naff time at the table, with only a few decent runs, then ground down to extended safeties which (obviously) Robin survived better than Ding.

Comment

Damn it.

Was it a joke about him punching the door? Not like him, is it?
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Damn it.

Was it a joke about him punching the door? Not like him, is it?
                  Eh no, "punch" as in he hit it hard to open one of the two swing doors.
                  But it made a loud noise across the arena

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Jack Lisowski beaten again , doesn't appear to be playing to his potential at all .

Always the player that people talk about as being an under achiever but someone who could rise
                    Up the rankings . Struggling for form at the moment .
                    Strange isn't it. When managed by Django he was tipped to break into the top 16 around 2013-2014, but we're still waiting. He's obviously very talented. Is he still coached by Terry Griffiths?
                    Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMhaa1JJDc

3:20:50 for Jackson Page's pink to black in that final frame decider... Effortless talent

And what have they been feeding him to have a beard like that at 15?
                      Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                        Strange isn't it. When managed by Django he was tipped to break into the top 16 around 2013-2014, but we're still waiting. He's obviously very talented. Is he still coached by Terry Griffiths?
                        I think he is , the other players Terry Griffith is coaching have improved . Jack appears to be going backwards . Maybe lacking a bit of self belief , or just having a poor run of form .

Hopefully he will knuckle down on the practice table and see his results improve .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMhaa1JJDc

3:20:50 for Jackson Page's pink to black in that final frame decider... Effortless talent

And what have they been feeding him to have a beard like that at 15?
                          That pink to black is just sublime. Especially given the circumstances. He has hit that so sweetly.

He's definately been eating his crusts.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That pink to black is just sublime. Especially given the circumstances. He has hit that so sweetly.

That was a fantastic shot. But really with him looking like this I can't believe he is only 15. Same with Yan Bingtao, who looks definitely older than 16 to me.

Comment

It's interesting if the camera choices in the English Open were as obviously in favour of English players you'd probably hear some criticism of bias.

I don't think the cameras were as keyed on Scottish players in the Scottish Open either,I'm all for national pride though.

Comment

It happens.

No word of a lie, I hit puberty before I hit high school. I was growing a 'tache at nine or ten years old. I got the urine extracted me for a few years, before people suddenly started acting like the ability to grow facial hair was a badge of honour.

Comment

Working...
                                X