Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    It happens.

No word of a lie, I hit puberty before I hit high school. I was growing a 'tache at nine or ten years old. I got the urine extracted me for a few years, before people suddenly started acting like the ability to grow facial hair was a badge of honour.
    Your school picture snookerfan ?

Comment

This tournament is also interesting, cause we are now closing in on the World Championship and it's one of the last chances to gain important points to move into the Top 16 of the World Rankings and get seeded for the Crucible. And the fight now is very close. There are 14 players who should be pretty safe.

But if I calculated right there are nine players who fight for the last two places:
      15. Day 194.587 (who did not qualify for the China Open, so he has no chance to gain points there)
      16. Perry 192.800 (out of Welsh Open already - against McGill)
      17. Gould 192.475 (out of Welsh Open already)
      18. McGill 187.625
      19. Gilbert 183.750 (out of Welsh Open already - against Day)
      20. Walden 182.675 (out of Welsh Open)
      21. King 176.950
      22. Holt 172.475 (out of Welsh Open)
      23. Mark Williams 165.475 (out of Welsh Open)

The rankings already include the 4000 points gained for reaching the main draw of the China Open.
      So with a deep run here Day, McGill and King could gain precious points.

Comment

I'm glad Williams is out,no congratulating the younger player which might have been his biggest career win and dying on his arse in the interview to the equally pathetic Rob Walker afterwards,all good.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          I think he is , the other players Terry Griffith is coaching have improved . Jack appears to be going backwards . Maybe lacking a bit of self belief , or just having a poor run of form .

Hopefully he will knuckle down on the practice table and see his results improve .
          I've been watching a lot of those excellent Cue Sports YT videos with Curtis Braithwaite and Jack Lisowski's name is mentioned a few times.
          Some of the players can't believe he's NOT in the top 16 and competing for titles on a regular basis with the talent he has?
          John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
            I'm glad Williams is out,no congratulating the younger player which might have been his biggest career win and dying on his arse in the interview to the equally pathetic Rob Walker afterwards,all good.
            If you ever read his twitter feed you'll get an idea of what he's about
            John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
              This tournament is also interesting, cause we are now closing in on the World Championship and it's one of the last chances to gain important points to move into the Top 16 of the World Rankings and get seeded for the Crucible. And the fight now is very close. There are 14 players who should be pretty safe.

But if I calculated right there are nine players who fight for the last two places:
              15. Day 194.587 (who did not qualify for the China Open, so he has no chance to gain points there)
              16. Perry 192.800 (out of Welsh Open already - against McGill)
              17. Gould 192.475 (out of Welsh Open already)
              18. McGill 187.625
              19. Gilbert 183.750 (out of Welsh Open already - against Day)
              20. Walden 182.675 (out of Welsh Open)
              21. King 176.950
              22. Holt 172.475 (out of Welsh Open)
              23. Mark Williams 165.475 (out of Welsh Open)

The rankings already include the 4000 points gained for reaching the main draw of the China Open.
              So with a deep run here Day, McGill and King could gain precious points.
              Cross Day off your list.
              5 frames in just over an hour, impressive.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                Your school picture snookerfan ?

[ATTACH]18681[/ATTACH]
                He's better looking than me.

Comment

Impressive performance by Anthony Hamilton . 2 Centuries , a 66 and a 56 .

A good result for Craig Steadman against Sam Baird .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

FYI - Jackson Page will be on table 2 (Eurosport Player live) from 13:00, playing John Astley.
                    Don't worry I already have a ring side seat

Comment

And another early exit for Stephen Maguire....lost 3-4 to Ian Burns!
                      A very worrying trend for the former UK champion who has really been the shadow of its former self lately. Does anyone know if he's seeing some sport psychologist or a coach ? I think he needs some help to get back on track...
                      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                        And another early exit for Stephen Maguire....lost 3-4 to Ian Burns!
                        A very worrying trend for the former UK champion who has really been the shadow of its former self lately. Does anyone know if he's seeing some sport psychologist or a coach ? I think he needs some help to get back on track...
                        Really Ian should have had it at 3-1, Ian rattled a couple of match balls and Maguire had opportunities to come back to a decider.
                        Last edited by DeanH; 15 February 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Which is even more worrysome to me Dean....

On the Jackson Page front, obviously the kid is talented but his cue action is weird, with no feathering at all, or barely. Reminds me of Brecel in that regard. Not sure it will take him far in the game....Can't remember of a player cueing like this and being a successfull winner.
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

I'll mention that to his mentor Williams, sitting just along from me :wink:
                            :biggrin:

Comment

I'm liking the tighter pockets at this tournament. How it should be for all events imo. This would make 147s much rarer meaning bigger maximum prizes and also making the max special again. Some of the tournaments over the past few seasons it's looked like the players were potting with UK pool balls lol.

Comment

Robbo playing some sensational stuff today. 133 flollowed by 143, Best I've seen him in a while. Even making these tighter pockets seem like buckets

Comment

Working...
                                X