2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Welsh Open

good result for Marco after being down 2-0 to Martin Gould.
    Not that Martin played badly, just Marco settled and took the chances.
    Just heard that Marco is on another new tip. May like this one
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Listings for BBC coverage :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/38898037

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

Is that Phil Yates getting it wrong again? All yesterday he was saying that there are 10 tables. There are only 8 tables here
        Maybe I can have a go on one of the other two :biggrin:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Is that Phil Yates getting it wrong again? All yesterday he was saying that there are 10 tables. There are only 8 tables here
          Maybe I can have a go on one of the other two :biggrin:
          Na Na naaa nah! (hands over ears not listening! ) and not jealous at all! : P

Keep it coming and let us all know what that tables like if you get a chance. ; )

Drooool.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if MW is starting to play on this whole 'laid back / floaty' style of play he's gained a reputation for. I used to love watching him (still do if I'm honest) but since everyone else has latched on to his style it's become even more pronounced. Watching MW play is now like watching a candle melting. If he was any more relaxed on the shot I'd swear he'd fall over.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

:eek-new: Maybe the Beeb are listening after all. They've just announced that coverage continues on the RB/RB Channel, and it looks as though it does so in place of that 80s music loop show.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

You can watch it via the BBC sports app as well and I think coverage continues once the red buttons ends.

It's on a lot of smart TV, set top boxes like now TV or your mobile phones.

Comment

Ken Doherty the 1997 world champion looses 4-1 to Boonyarit Kaettikun of Thailand in the last 128, I think that first round lost puts Ken out of the world's top 64 order of merit. He needs a few good results to keep his place on the main tour now, if he fails to keep his tour place he may retire and not bother with Q school unless World snooker give him a wild card next season been a former World Champion, if so will he accept the wild card. I think like Steve Davis And Stephen Hendry he will announce his retirement at The world championships, where he achieved his greatest snooker moment
                  Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Just checked the schedule for the week, the snooker's only on for an hour every evening from 7 till 8, then it's that 80's love songs programme again. It's just an hour long programme on repeat, how on earth does that take precedence over live snooker?
                    Cheaper for the BBC to broadcast perhaps ....?

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                      You can watch it via the BBC sports app as well and I think coverage continues once the red buttons ends.

It's on a lot of smart TV, set top boxes like now TV or your mobile phones.
                      I know there's no end of platforms to watch it on, but I'm only interested in watching it on TV. I don't have a Smart TV and I've no desire to watch it on PC/Mobile.

Let's just hope today's decision to stay with the snooker on the RB is continued, and not just because of the Welsh interest, given that it was MW playing.

Comment

The Rob Walker who's commentating on the Trump match; it's not the same Rob Walker who MCs for the big BBC tournies, is it? I must confess it sounds a little like him, but then I'm more used to his MC voice.

Comment

I thought it was defo him.

I can't seem to get snooks via bbc online tonight. Any insights?

Comment

Originally Posted by andy-w View Post
                            I thought it was defo him.

I can't seem to get snooks via bbc online tonight. Any insights?
                            Just spoke to them on the phone, there is no coverage on their website tonight, doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon. Why? Because they're bum holes.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Just spoke to them on the phone, there is no coverage on their website tonight, doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon. Why? Because they're bum holes.

-
                              You'd think they could hook up a couple of decent web cams and push that out over the red button for small change? As you say though.... They are balloon knots!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

by the by if any one heard a bang about 10s after Ding left the table, that was him punching open the door to leave the arena :wink:
                                "something vexes thee?"

Comment

Working...
                                X