2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    Which is even more worrysome to me Dean....

On the Jackson Page front, obviously the kid is talented but his cue action is weird, with no feathering at all, or barely. Reminds me of Brecel in that regard. Not sure it will take him far in the game....Can't remember of a player cueing like this and being a successfull winner.
    He does feather slightly but importantly he has a smooth drawback, pause, and deliver sequence
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      He does feather slightly but importantly he has a smooth drawback, pause, and deliver sequence
      Yes he does but as you're watching the game first hand, you can also notice the couple of brainfarts he had, rushing the shots. That pink in the first frame, to pinch it, come on....would need just a couple more seconds to focus on the shot and deliver it a bit slowlier. I like his poise but I think he hits the balls a tad bit too hard at time. Not the best of timings...
      but hey, if you have Willo nearby, worth asking him the question about Jackson's style
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

yes he does rush some shots, youthful exuberance, inexperience, take your guess
        He does seem to have a quick pace around the table and at the shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
          And another early exit for Stephen Maguire....lost 3-4 to Ian Burns!
          A very worrying trend for the former UK champion who has really been the shadow of its former self lately. Does anyone know if he's seeing some sport psychologist or a coach ? I think he needs some help to get back on track...
          His record against what you could call lesser opponents is awful. He hasn't fulfilled
          his potential and that is mainly down to his temperament.

He should have invested in a sports psychologist years ago, but if you ask him the
          question he just looks at you with contempt!
          John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

And another win in the bag for Jackson Page! Managed to clinch the decider after having lead 3-1!
            Not too shaby as a start of your professional career
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

and so unfazed by it all
              even waited for Lee Walker to pot his black.

Comment

Originally Posted by gmoore23 View Post
                Robbo playing some sensational stuff today. 133 flollowed by 143, Best I've seen him in a while. Even making these tighter pockets seem like buckets
                Still lost though.

Comment

Anyone know how to say Tepchaiya Un-Nooh's name? Or even how to spell it without looking

Comment

2017 Welsh Open

Nooh as in "Winnie the"

yesterday had two young lads sitting behind with their programmes and pens ready to get a signature, they had a little argument about Li Hang and Li Ang. Took me a second to work out that they were talking about Wenbo

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Anyone know how to say Tepchaiya Un-Nooh's name? Or even how to spell it without looking
                      What I usually do with Asian names is to look for the original spelling in their own language (you can usually find it on wikipedia), copy it into google translate and click on the "listen" button. :smile:

Assuming it pronounces it correctly, Nooh does indeed rhyme with Pooh, but the "Un" part of the name rhymes with "soon" as opposed to "run", so an English-speaker might pronounce it incorrectly on instinct. :smile:

Comment

• Tough loss for Ants McGill.....2-4 to Igor Figuereido. Tough season for the young Scot.

Regarding Tepchaya Un-Nooh, I think it is pronounced with a long 'o', not like a 'oo' in loo...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          What I usually do with Asian names is to look for the original spelling in their own language (you can usually find it on wikipedia), copy it into google translate and click on the "listen" button. :smile:

Assuming it pronounces it correctly, Nooh does indeed rhyme with Pooh, but the "Un" part of the name rhymes with "soon" as opposed to "run", so an English-speaker might pronounce it incorrectly on instinct. :smile:
                          That's the way the presenter just said it, but it had been un-noo (to rhyme with run) in my head up till that point. I'm not even going to start with Kritsanut Lertastattatyertatettthorn, I may have spelled that one wrong too.

Comment

• What the hell happened to Fu? He only scored 70 points in the entire match.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              What the hell happened to Fu? He only scored 70 points in the entire match.

-
                              Typical fu really, he either plays really well or can barely pot a ball.

Comment

• Is Murphy trying to drop off the tour?

Comment

Working...
                                X