2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
    And O'Sullivan's out - either most of the "top 16" are having particularly bad days or the whole set-up's beginning to look rather farcical ....
    Some very odd results this last 2 rounds. This was one of the more predictable ones.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• I didn't see it coming, especially with Davis not beating Ronnie for 16 years!

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
        I didn't see it coming, especially with Davis not beating Ronnie for 16 years!
        I had it on my bet slip - it was Fu I got wrong!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Scores please gentlemen?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the updates. Anyone know if Jackson Page is still in? That lad is entertaining, looking fwd ta seeing more of him.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Anyone know if Jackson Page is still in? That lad is entertaining, looking fwd ta seeing more of him.
              Yes he plays the winner of the trump game

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Anyone know if Jackson Page is still in? That lad is entertaining, looking fwd ta seeing more of him.
                yes he beat Astley 4-3, faces Trump/Borg in R3

Comment

• I think the shocks are partly to do with the multi table format, the fact they are best of 7's and the fact a lot of the top 16 players and some others seem mentally gone.

They have played a lot of snooker this last 3-4 weeks, almost none stop for some players travelling from Germany to Preston, then on to Cardiff, living out of a suitcase, no family life etc. We take our day jobs and family life for granted but these guys are spending a lot of time away from home and those with young families, it must be hard to do at times.

I also get the feeling some of these players will see it as a blessing to go out early, get back home and some rest. There is also the small matter of the world championship which is only 2 months away. Some players are bound to be saving a little energy to put all their efforts into that.

Comment

Yes he's still in it. Here's a link to the results.

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...22&season=2016

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Thanks again for all the info gents. It's a shame that some players are looking slightly fried after a pretty long haul last few weeks. But would love to see this provide a chance to a new face in the spotlight. Great to see there is some new talent out there and hope one can break thru. Opportunities are getting stronger for this by the minute it would seem.

Good luck to the Welsh contingent, nice to see a home winner if one can play well and take it! ; )

😀 Snooker.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks again for all the info gents. It's a shame that some players are looking slightly fried after a pretty long haul last few weeks. But would love to see this provide a chance to a new face in the spotlight. Great to see there is some new talent out there and hope one can break thru. Opportunities are getting stronger for this by the minute it would seem.

Good luck to the Welsh contingent, nice to see a home winner if one can play well and take it! ; )

�� Snooker.
                        they look abit tired indeed.
                        That's the trouble with this game. It's the game of concentration.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          they look abit tired indeed.
                          That's the trouble with this game. It's the game of concentration.
                          Indeed my friend, good post earlier this evening by Tom Walker regarding "feathering" and finding improvement from taking the exact amount of feathers on each shot. I personally beleive this is good because it Improves your concentration! Makes you focus clearly on each shot and creates rhythm almost without realising. That's the key! It when you realise how well you may be playing in a decent break that can spoil it! My daughter plays piano to a metronome, it's mesmerising, tick tock, holds the concentration for the piece.

Lesson to be learned eh! ; )
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Indeed my friend, good post earlier this evening by Tom Walkerrom taking the regarding "feathering" and finding improvement f exact amount of feathers on each shot. I personally beleive this is good because it Improves your concentration! Makes you focus clearly on each shot and creates rhythm almost without realising. That's the key! It when you realise how well you may be playing in a decent break that can spoil it! My daughter plays piano to a metronome, it's mesmerising, tick tock, holds the concentration for the piece.

Lesson to be learned eh! ; )
                            Good advice indeed.

Although, when it comes down to pros , i think it's more mentally tbh .
                            which was already mentioned by cueman , btw.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              Good advice indeed.

Although, when it comes down to pros , i think it's more mentally tbh .
                              which was already mentioned by cueman , btw.
                              Should have been a member on here when I was 19, with this advice I might have won something myself! Lol.

Night all! Yawn! Dreams........
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Should have been a member on here when I was 19, with this advice I might have won something myself! Lol.

Night all! Yawn! Dreams........
                                hahaha, don't worry my friend. I'm working on a time machine. I'll ring you up as soon as it's finished to get back in time

btw, you're already a decent player . Just enjoy the game .

Comment

Working...
                                X