No announcement yet.

2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the kiss of death me tipping him but since the draw has opened up I fancy Yuelong to win the Welsh - all the talk of the next new Chinese sensation to win something on the other thread yet no-one mentioned him I don't think - Yet he is probably the best bet as I think whilst not the most flamboyant of this new breed or the best cueist- he is in my opinion the most dedicated and coolest under pressure of them all - also possesses a great all around game which I think counts a lot more.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Watched his earlier matches this week and on the practise table before his Judd match and he is nice to watch around the table
      He said that due to visa issues he has only played about 17 matches this season. Considering that he has down well in the Nations Opens
      Nice guy.
      He had a good amateur record but obviously his troubles with gaining a visa hasn't helped his progress. All that considered and coming from a "non-snooker" country, he's shows admirable potential to make a really big impact on the game. I shall certainly keep an eye on him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
        First time I've seen Vafael and have to say I'm impressed. Really fluent cueist.
        Agree. Saw him the second time now and he really seems a great player. Maybe sometimes his is a bit too aggressive, but he seems to be good in nearly all facets of the game.
        I hope he can fix his visa issues and enter more tournaments.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          Probably the kiss of death me tipping him but since the draw has opened up I fancy Yuelong to win the Welsh - all the talk of the next new Chinese sensation to win something on the other thread yet no-one mentioned him I don't think - Yet he is probably the best bet as I think whilst not the most flamboyant of this new breed or the best cueist- he is in my opinion the most dedicated and coolest under pressure of them all - also possesses a great all around game which I think counts a lot more.
          I think that might be, because Zhou is "already" 19 and so two years older than Yan. Right now I'd also say that Zhou has the best all-around game, but Yan shows great promises as well. As you indicated it, who will have the better career will probably decided in the minds. I don't dare to say though who will be this. I have seen Zhou play only once, Yan already a few times. The young guy again looked pretty cool against Selby.

Comment

• Vafaei is some potter..one to watch for the future..very good cue action and looks deadly in among the balls

Comment

• wow what an ending for Scott's match, he almost got in off again on frame ball. edit: ouch I thought QF were still BO7.

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                wow what an ending for Scott's match, he almost got in off again on frame ball.
                ahah Fouls 'that was one of the worst shots'

Comment

• They should give the Ref an i-pad with an above screen shot when they need to put the balls back after a foul.
                  Would make it so much quicker and accurate.

Comment

• Congratulations to Scott Donaldson. Fantastic result for the young lad. Should move him up the rankings quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      Probably the kiss of death me tipping him but since the draw has opened up I fancy Yuelong to win the Welsh - all the talk of the next new Chinese sensation to win something on the other thread yet no-one mentioned him I don't think - Yet he is probably the best bet as I think whilst not the most flamboyant of this new breed or the best cueist- he is in my opinion the most dedicated and coolest under pressure of them all - also possesses a great all around game which I think counts a lot more.
                      I hope I'm not standing beside you the next time I'm in the bookies
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        Congratulations to Scott Donaldson. Fantastic result for the young lad. Should move him up the rankings quite a bit.
                        And a guaranteed £20k pay cheque. Well Done
                        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Well done Judd, very unlucky there for the Hawk

Comment

• Wow! Gravity-defying yellow for Barry there.

Happy with the result, though.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Trump squandering 3-1 and saved but that red that dropped in dead weight and Barry's unbelievable yellow miss in the central pocket.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                                Congratulations to Scott Donaldson. Fantastic result for the young lad. Should move him up the rankings quite a bit.
                                He's not had a bad season at all, this being the highlight.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X