2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    Not sure it's really about scoring to be honest. I would blame hazardous shot selection more.
    This exactly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
      I've always treated betting like a business and I only place a few strategic bets per year and that's probably why I'm one of the very few who can show a long-term profit.

If you get emotional when you bet or "sweaty palm syndrome" then, you shouldn't do it!
      I used to know a guy who made his living gambling - he'd decided he hated working for a living and would rather do that instead. He used to drop 10,000 euros on games of tennis, be slightly irritated and then the same afternoon make 25,000 profit on another bet.

The most I ever lost was £150 on Lewis vs Tyson, and that remains by far the largest bet I will ever make in my life!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        I used to know a guy who made his living gambling - he'd decided he hated working for a living and would rather do that instead. He used to drop 10,000 euros on games of tennis, be slightly irritated and then the same afternoon make 25,000 profit on another bet.

The most I ever lost was £150 on Lewis vs Tyson, and that remains by far the largest bet I will ever make in my life!
        some of snooker players are also very good gamblers.

Matthew Stevens won 250.000 in a poker tournament few years ago.

I'm never go that far neither that lucky though.

I did bet 30 euros and puted it on JT with this match.
        I lost it.

Comment

• He means theyre not good enough to win tournaments which is true, Anyone can beat anyone in a best of 7 format single match... but when was the last time you saw anyone under 30 win a ranking event? Its the 40 + year olds that are dominating the game with all their experience.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
            He means theyre not good enough to win tournaments which is true, Anyone can beat anyone in a best of 7 format single match... but when was the last time you saw anyone under 30 win a ranking event? Its the 40 + year olds that are dominating the game with all their experience.
            If you mean ROS's comments; from the interview I saw on TV he did mean and say that some of the low rank players "cant play" and "should not be on the tour in the first place", he did not mention tournaments.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

I'm never go that far neither that lucky though.

I did bet 30 euros and puted it on JT with this match.
              I lost it.
              I never though Matthew had the face for poker? Mind you, he always looks stressed!
              John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post

I think most people go in with the wrong mindset. If you're just doing it for fun (small amounts)) or the short term then, you don't have to pay much attention
                to trends and/or stats. If you want to do it for the longer term then, you have to look at all the available information and look for any value bets.

It's fine in itself in winning a bet, but did you get real value? If you didn't then (net net) you'll lose in the longer run. Betting on something that's already in good form or
                on a winning streak is a wast of time. The trick is to spot something that the bookie's odds compilers didn't and place the selection. Even if it doesn't win. at least you
                know you got value and that will serve you well for the longer term.

Without financial discipline and the above is meaningless!
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

I've always treated betting like a business and I only place a few strategic bets per year and that's probably why I'm one of the very few who can show a long-term profit.

If you get emotional when you bet or "sweaty palm syndrome" then, you shouldn't do it!
                  I don't place more than two or three bets a year. And I always bet against my favorites.

I absolutely don't care if I lose the money. Money doesn't make me emotional. The only emotional binding is to my favorite athletes.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    I don't place more than two or three bets a year. And I always bet against my favorites.

I absolutely don't care if I lose the money. Money doesn't make me emotional. The only emotional binding is to my favorite athletes.
                    That's a good thing

Comment

250,000 what?

Comment

I never though Matthew had the face for poker? Mind you, he always looks stressed!
                        on the Contrary. he looks very relax .

Comment

on the Contrary. he looks very relax .
                          Really? I thought he always looks as if he's ready to burst in to tears.

Comment

Really? I thought he always looks as if he's ready to burst in to tears.
                            different people, different thoughts.

Comment

different people, different thoughts.
                              Just not a poker face?

Comment

Just not a poker face?
                                Good post ??

Comment

Working...
                                X