Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thevenue2
    replied
    yeah just noticed that, so is there no way to watch the Ronnie/Davis match now?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I thought the BBC's decision to stay with the snooker yesterday had something to do with the fact that a Welshman was playing, and I was obviously right. Once again they're showing that ****ing 80s music loop on both the Red Button and the Red Button Channel!! It's been on the last two nights on a 12 hour loop!!!! How in the name of God does it take presendence over live snooker???

Leave a comment:

• snuker duper
    replied
    Good stuff Josh, Milkins will be tough

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2017 Welsh Open

Michael not in much better condition after such a controlling position earlier.
    Great atmosphere here though at the closing stages

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    What has he bought a coach?
    ahah typo. Wembo, what a mess....

Leave a comment:

• thommo335
    replied
    Got the two bob bits apparently.....?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
    Is Murphy trying to drop off the tour?
    What has he bought a coach?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Anyone know how to say Tepchaiya Un-Nooh's name? Or even how to spell it without looking
    Tep chai ahhh Un Nooooh.

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Is Murphy trying to drop off the tour?

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    What the hell happened to Fu? He only scored 70 points in the entire match.

-
    Typical fu really, he either plays really well or can barely pot a ball.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    What the hell happened to Fu? He only scored 70 points in the entire match.

-

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    What I usually do with Asian names is to look for the original spelling in their own language (you can usually find it on wikipedia), copy it into google translate and click on the "listen" button. :smile:

Assuming it pronounces it correctly, Nooh does indeed rhyme with Pooh, but the "Un" part of the name rhymes with "soon" as opposed to "run", so an English-speaker might pronounce it incorrectly on instinct. :smile:
    That's the way the presenter just said it, but it had been un-noo (to rhyme with run) in my head up till that point. I'm not even going to start with Kritsanut Lertastattatyertatettthorn, I may have spelled that one wrong too.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    Tough loss for Ants McGill.....2-4 to Igor Figuereido. Tough season for the young Scot.

Regarding Tepchaya Un-Nooh, I think it is pronounced with a long 'o', not like a 'oo' in loo...

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Anyone know how to say Tepchaiya Un-Nooh's name? Or even how to spell it without looking
    What I usually do with Asian names is to look for the original spelling in their own language (you can usually find it on wikipedia), copy it into google translate and click on the "listen" button. :smile:

Assuming it pronounces it correctly, Nooh does indeed rhyme with Pooh, but the "Un" part of the name rhymes with "soon" as opposed to "run", so an English-speaker might pronounce it incorrectly on instinct. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2017 Welsh Open

Nooh as in "Winnie the"

yesterday had two young lads sitting behind with their programmes and pens ready to get a signature, they had a little argument about Li Hang and Li Ang. Took me a second to work out that they were talking about Wenbo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X