X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff Odrl.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      If it's a way to tempt the big players there, it hasn't really worked. Didn't a lot of them pull out?

I've never really been a fan of the Shoot Out, but haven't had any real problem with it existing, if people want to watch it. Making it a ranking event though is the most ridiculous decision World Snooker could've made. It's not even real snooker.
      Well, as bolty said, it definitely isn't working.

The list of players, who didn't enter the Shoot-Out includes: Mark Selby (world Number #1), Judd Trump (#3), Ding Junhui (#4), John Higgins (#6), Neil Robertson (#8), Marco Fu (#9), Ali Carter (#12), Ronnie O'SUllivan (#14), Stephen Maguire (#24).
      So from the Top Ten only Stuart Bingham, Shaun Murphy, Barry Hawkins and Mark Allen will attend. The latter one already stated on Twitter that he also would have skipped this event if he would play the China Open.

Comment

TWITTER ATTACK!

Barry Hearn
        Still some sad people moaning about Shoot out. Get a life - it's ONE event , it's fun and it gives players an extra chance to earn some cash

Remember everyone. The World Snooker chairman thinks that if you care enough about snooker to have an opinion on it, you need to get a life.

Comment

He's not wrong though is he ........imagine less Tournaments.

The players' will be on twitter moaning that there are not enough Tournaments !

Can't win .

And that's the beauty of some many tournaments ........you don't have to play in all of them .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            It genuinely upsets me to see players that have spent their lives trying to perfect their technique and ability at this game, running around the table just bashing balls about hoping for a fluke as time is running out, how on earth is that snooker? Never mind we have the microphones to look forward to, hopefully a few players will swear under their breath,so we can get all excited about it like a bunch of Victorian women showing an ankle and pretend to be offended when all along that's what we were hoping for.
            Perfect Anecdote

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
              TWITTER ATTACK!

Barry Hearn
              Still some sad people moaning about Shoot out. Get a life - it's ONE event , it's fun and it gives players an extra chance to earn some cash

Remember everyone. The World Snooker chairman thinks that if you care enough about snooker to have an opinion on it, you need to get a life.
              "...you are sad and need to get a life."

very nice
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Can't win .

And that's the beauty of some many tournaments ........you don't have to play in all of them .
                I think it's fine that there is one more tournament, where players can earn money. And you can make an experiment like the Shoot-out. But making it a ranking event is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Can't win .

I think he misses the point personally.

Nobody is saying the ShootOut shouldn't exist. It's been around for a few years now, and quite a lot of people legitimately enjoy it. And if you don't, you're not forced to watch it. How enoyable each individual considers the ShootOut to be is not the point.

The point is a one-frame, shot clock, bash about and see what happens tournament shouldn't affect a player's ranking. Sure, have it as a non-ranker, that's fine. It's the status as a ranking event that people are complaining about, not that it exists.

Comment

I agree with Barry Hearn, I might have worded my thoughts a little differently though.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      I agree with Barry Hearn, I might have worded my thoughts a little differently though.
                      So, you think it should be a ranking event?

Comment

I don't see why not. Players have been saying the lower ranks don't get the chance to earn decent money, now they have the chance I suppose, I don't see the problem.

Comment

Get in there ......a win for my mate Bradley Jones
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                            I don't see why not. Players have been saying the lower ranks don't get the chance to earn decent money, now they have the chance I suppose, I don't see the problem.
                            I agree!
                            In a world where no one has enough to time to eat or sh!t let alone watch some serious match play snooker, this event is a great showcase to people who otherwise simply wouldn't give snooker time of day... :snooker:
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I don't like Shoot-Out! I don't like Shoot-Out! I don't like Shoot-Out! I don't like Shoot-Out! I don't like Shoot-Out!

I love it! Sorry.

I'm going for a shower!
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                How the hell is this a ranking event? We have so many ranking events anyways and now the terminus of "Ranking Event Winner" will be devalued by such a tournament, where you need only one frame to win each match. In fact you can't even call this a match. It's not surprising for me that almost all top players decided not to take part in this tournament.

The winner of this event gets 32.000 points. So winning this is worth more for the world ranking than reaching the second round of the World Championship, the semifinal of the International Championship or the final of last week's Welsh Open. I honestly think this is absurd and inappropriate.

You can make this a fun tournament for the professionals with good prize money, but please stop it being a ranking event.

Your thoughts?
                                I don't have a problem with players trying to earn a few quid and it being on TV, but is should NEVER be a ranking event.

I do struggle to watch it and when you throw Phil Yates commentary in to that mix, well ......................
                                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X