No announcement yet.

2017 Snooker-Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is silly, it is not really snooker, it is about moving fast, time is a huge factor. Reminds me a bit of blitz or bullet chess, but it should not effect rankings on serious proper snooker just like chess has different ratings on different speeds of chess. But it might be popular to a lot of people and it can be exciting.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I don't see why not. Players have been saying the lower ranks don't get the chance to earn decent money, now they have the chance I suppose, I don't see the problem.
      They had those chances at the Shoot Out last year, and the year before, and the year before. The Shoot Out has been played for several years, it's only this year it's been a ranking event.

People aren't upset that this event exists. They're saying an event with a ten minute mad-dash, that even Barry Hearn referred to as a lottery earlier in the week, should be able to affect a player's rank.

Comment

The cheering for the 10 second shot clock, and cheering every colour seems completely forced and crap, I can almost see the guy standing there telling people when to cheer.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          The cheering for the 10 second shot clock, and cheering every colour seems completely forced and crap, I can almost see the guy standing there telling people when to cheer.
          Probably like one of those signs they have at tv recordings that lights up saying applause

Then again its no more odd than players being applauded by the crowd after coming back from taking a slash, never did understand that one. Well done on avoiding the splashback possibly?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Get in there ......a win for my mate Bradley Jones
            and with a David Wu cue bought by me Ebay for £43 !

He also uses the TS Long BA tips........50 tips for a £5 !!!
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
              TWITTER ATTACK!

Barry Hearn
              Still some sad people moaning about Shoot out. Get a life - it's ONE event , it's fun and it gives players an extra chance to earn some cash

Remember everyone. The World Snooker chairman thinks that if you care enough about snooker to have an opinion on it, you need to get a life.
              Well Bazza, you are the living proof that money can't buy you class.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

This event is so cheesy. I don't have a problem with it other than the fact it is ****.

Comment

Current ref is a fecking idiot. Playing to the crowd and getting in the players way as he does it.

Comment

Originally Posted by jay686 View Post
                    Current ref is a fecking idiot. Playing to the crowd and getting in the players way as he does it.
                    Do the fans need geeing up? I thought this was a fun event?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      and with a David Wu cue bought by me Ebay for £43 !

He also uses the TS Long BA tips........50 tips for a £5 !!!
                      This Bradley Jones is quite a fluent looking player. Was he a top 64 pro in the past?

Comment

If only Jimmy could bring this attitude and mental approach to the real tournaments I'm sure we'd be seeing far more of him.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Anyone got a link to watch this please ?

Comment

Its on the telly , itv4.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Its on the telly , itv4.
                              Ahh thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                If only Jimmy could bring this attitude and mental approach to the real tournaments I'm sure we'd be seeing far more of him.
                                He won? I'll mark that down in my diary.

Now how is it players can play in this tournament with noise and crowd movement, yet in the crucible if a mouse farts it "puts them off".
                                Last edited by narl; 23 February 2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X