No announcement yet.

2017 Snooker-Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Gilbert saw it on the scoreboard. I think I've gone over to the "this shouldn't be a ranking event" crowd now. I do like it, but it's just a bit of fun and that's all it should be.

Comment

• Come on Andy Hicks, he could end up with more ranking points as an amateur than a lot of pros
      Phew glad I didn't jinx him
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 26 February 2017, 09:21 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Quality stuff from McGill

Comment

• Originally Posted by jay686 View Post
          I think Mark Williams made a good point. The tournament winner could jump massively in the rankings without potentially winning a frame.Just need to be ahead when the buzzer sounds.
          Actually McGill jumps into the provisional top 16, which means this rediculous tournament could end ud deciding who doesn´t have to qualify for the Cruicible.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Only seven days to wait for more snooker, and it's back to the proper stuff!!

It has to be said, itv4's dedication to snooker is remarkable. Although with all the padding and filler they include, there is a very strong sense it's because they've got nothing better to do with their schedules, but still great.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Dave Gilbert robbed - what a joke

Comment

• Disgraceful refereeing that saw the time foul missed, but there should be no way the referee should be able to miss it due to noise.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                  Disgraceful refereeing that saw the time foul missed, but there should be no way the referee should be able to miss it due to noise.
                  It's more Hearn's fault because he encourages rowdy behaviour. But I have to ask what the marker was doing to not have drawn the Referees attention to it. Anyone know who the marker was by the way?

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                    It's more Hearn's fault because he encourages rowdy behaviour. But I have to ask what the marker was doing to not have drawn the Referees attention to it. Anyone know who the marker was by the way?
                    It wasn't even as if it was boderline. The fella took his shot about two seconds after the time foul lit up?
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      I think Gilbert saw it on the scoreboard. I think I've gone over to the "this shouldn't be a ranking event" crowd now. I do like it, but it's just a bit of fun and that's all it should be.
                      This should just be classed as a throwaway tournament, but who the hell decided to make this a ranking event?
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                        The wave on the yellow was the loudest noise, the crowd really go into it and in some of the matches the players played up to it as well.

Give the referee an earpiece, set up a huge red light above the table which only turns on for a time penalty, have somebody there just to monitor the time and have them run on if the time is exceeded.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                          This should just be classed as a throwaway tournament, but who the hell decided to make this a ranking event?
                          Hearn decided. And will not admit it was the wrong decision. It can't possibly be. He made it.

Comment

• Just saw the Gilbert/Xiao incident.....absolute joke! the whole bloody arena can hear the bips but not the ref? and no one amongst the markers to indicate the foul? Gilbert was peeved, and rightly so !

Now with McGill the winner, it's Joe Perry who drops out of the top 16 for now.

EDIT : just saw that Mcgill, as the winner, pocketted £32 000.....!!!! All that for 7-frame job???? Jayyyyysus............
                            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• So, even the winner says this tournament is a coin-toss tournament and no way should it be a ranking event. Well done to McGill for being honest. Not surprisingly, that part of the interview was cut from World Snooker's report. Barry Hearn needs strong opposition right now or he will ruin this game.

Comment

• I think Barry will probably see sense and drop this from the ranking events next year, I hope so anyway. I think he should get some top pool players involved next year, settle that old argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X