No announcement yet.

2017 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to say Fu looked very fluent in the balls during the whole event - he was great to watch

Comment

• Nice to see Judd finally clinch one, hope it boosts his confidence for the worlds. I thought Marco did very well to pull back those 3 frames toward the end, considering he'd just lost 4 in a row, and how badly he was playing.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        A nice evening of snooker, although it wasn't really as dramatic as the scoreline suggests. :smile: Some nice breaks from Trump and quite a few unforced errors as well, but Fu didn't have the kind of form to really punish him tonight. Once again the last couple of frames of the afternoon session proved pivotal, like so many times this season already. :smile:

All in all, this was a nice tournament to watch this year, with a much more enjoyable format than its predecessor. :smile: Nice to see Trump picking up some silverware as well, after all the near misses he's had this season. He should be a strong contender in the last two tournaments of the season.
        Has this replaced the Champion of Champions then?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          Has this replaced the Champion of Champions then?
          No, the Champion of Champions is still on the calendar. This event is what used to be the PTC Finals.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            Yeah he certainly had a fair few chances, just missed too many cut back shots.
            Those on the thick side says to me bad contact due to atmospheric conditions racking up the friction between the balls. On the thin side then maybe decleration but thick side 99% bad contacts.
            Fu's new longer backswing kept him in the match for longer than his previous one would have, can hit the ball a tad harder now, but when conditions are perfect he and Ding are a good bet for the worlds. If the jet stream moves north and there's high pressure over Sheffield in the spring then who knows, it could be a chinese champion but which one ?

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Trump, but he deserved this title. After coming close so many times for once he held his nerves and won his second tournament of the season. His game matures always a tiny bit more and I think he will definitely be one of the top favorites at this years World Championship. Congratulations also to Marco, who played once more a good tournament.

Judd is the new world number #2 with this win and regarding this season that surely makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
              X