2017 China Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Ding failed to get to his qualifier at the right time. Therefore he got docked the first frame against Sean O'Sullivan.
    I watched Sean O'Sullivan play last week fora few frames in a 9 man tournament . Got to say that he was striking the ball very well .
    Never seen him play before , was impressed .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      I watched Sean O'Sullivan play last week fora few frames in a 9 man tournament . Got to say that he was striking the ball very well .
      Never seen him play before , was impressed .
      And he now leads Ding 2-0. Adam Stefanow could make this against Mark Selby as well.

Comment

Don't know a great deal about Stefanow . Any one able to enlighten us ?

Something awry with Selby's game ? Doesn't appear to have that invincibility of previous years in the last few tournaments that i've seen him play .

Will probably be spot on for Sheffield though .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Don't know a great deal about Stefanow . Any one able to enlighten us ?

Something awry with Selby's game ? Doesn't appear to have that invincibility of previous years in the last few tournaments that i've seen him play .

Will probably be spot on for Sheffield though .
          Don't knoew anything about him as well. 22 years, first season on the tour. So far qualified for seven events, but won only one match at the Scottish Open (against James Cahill) and one at the Welsh Open (against Graeme Dott).

And yes, something is definitely wrong with Selby at the moment. So many inaccuracies you usually don't see from him.

Indeed 2-0 Stefanow now.

Comment

And yes, something is definitely wrong with Selby at the moment. So many inaccuracies you usually don't see from him.
            Not to begin with so many missed pots...

Comment

World Snooker‏Verified account @WorldSnooker1 1h1 hour ago
              INFO To confirm, Ding was docked a frame at the start of the match due to a logo issue #ChinaOpen

Welp......this is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. A fine at worst but a frame, c'mon on :/
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Don't knoew anything about him as well. 22 years, first season on the tour. So far qualified for seven events, but won only one match at the Scottish Open (against James Cahill) and one at the Welsh Open (against Graeme Dott).

Indeed 2-0 Stefanow now.
                I don't think Stefanow is on tour, I think he has got top up places through Q school and other ways. He was in Gibraltar and got knocked out in the amateur rounds by Shaun Murphy's younger nephew, but evidently, he can play.

Comment

And he plays with a Ton Praram as well, one of the few.
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
                    I don't think Stefanow is on tour, I think he has got top up places through Q school and other ways. He was in Gibraltar and got knocked out in the amateur rounds by Shaun Murphy's younger nephew, but evidently, he can play.
                    You're obviously right, my fault. I just meant to say it's the first season he was able to qualify for a few ranking events.

In the mean time Selby has found a bit of his form, making three centuries and leading 4-3 now.

Comment

This is unreal , the 4th player today to make 3 centuries in a match .

Comment

You're obviously right, my fault. I just meant to say it's the first season he was able to qualify for a few ranking events.

In the mean time Selby has found a bit of his form, making three centuries and leading 4-3 now.
                        Yes, he's obviously one for the future though.
                        I'm watching but about to go for a run, great stuff from Selby to go ahead!!

Comment

I watched both of Adam Stefanow's matches in Wales, where he beat Michael Wild (4-3) and then lost to Dott (4-1) and liked his smooth manner around the table. He fought hard, with attacking and sensible shot choices. One definitely to keep an eye out for and hope he makes the tour soon
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mark Selby today with a good performance. He beat Alfie Burden 5-0, making a break of at least 74 points in every single frame.

Martin Gould, who has the best chance, albeit still a very slim one, to push Ryan Day of the 16th place in the World Ranking, won his opening match against Fan Zhengyi 5-1. Mark Williams, another contender for this spot, defeated Zhang Anda by the same score. Already yesterday the tiny hopes of Mark King were shattered by a 4-5 loss to Sanderson Lam.

Comment

So if we have the Irish Open, Scottish Open, and English Open, why do we have the China Open? Why isn't it the Chinese Open?

Comment

We haven't had much luck with televised matches so far, have we? Okay, the winners have all played very well, but Higgins' 5-1 win over Burns was the least one-sided match we've seen so far. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X