World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    David Gilbert gets a walkover from Patrick Wallace.

£8k straight in David's sky rocket .......not bad for doing nothing !
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Eurosport Player saying the matches starts at 11UK, they have already started.
      Eurosport looking into the difference....

both tables now on
      Last edited by DeanH; 5 April 2017, 09:18 AM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Any links to free live streaming please, yes I see it as all started, believe Eurosport matches are Robin Hull V Reanne Evans and Mark King V Paul Davison hope like me your looking forward to it all. not sure if http://cricfree.sc/ are streaming the matches nothing on yet.
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
          Any links to free live streaming please, yes I see it as all started, believe Eurosport matches are Robin Hull V Reanne Evans and Mark King V Paul Davison hope like me your looking forward to it all. not sure if http://cricfree.sc/ are streaming the matches nothing on yet.
          these are the ones being shown

Comment

I just paid my subcription to the eurosport player to watch the snooker world qualifiers live... but yet no matches until 11am? This is poor form on their part,
            I paid my money and should not miss a ball

Comment

trev see my post above, they are now on
              click on Live TV
              and you can use the Split screen

The Live Events seems to have an issue they are looking into it

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                trev see my post above, they are now on
                click on Live TV
                and you can use the Split screen

The Live Events seems to have an issue they are looking into it
                sorted thank you very much

Comment

So I'm watching Reanne Evans who is the arguably the greatest female snooker player ever. She's 31 and in the prime of her career. She's playing a journeyman who is in the range of 30th-60th best male player in the world.

According to the betting odds she was about a 10 to 1 underdog at the start of the match and she has already fallen behind two frames to none. Unless Hull plays well below his normal level she's only going to win a couple of frames.

So why is it in sports like snooker and darts where physical strength isn't that important do women do so poorly in comparison to men?

I remember reading an article a few years ago that attributed it to the fact that historically men have been hunters and women have been gatherers and raised children. Men have developed much better hand to eye coordination as a matter of evolution to survive.

I would say that men are usually more competitive, but then there are female athletes who are very competitive and are only limited by their lack of strength.

I find the whole thing kind of strange. Why are there dozens of male snooker players who are better than the best female player ever in her prime?

Comment

I would say it is down to quality of competition she has played in, experience on the "big stage" is a huge factor.
                    If Reanne can gain a foot hold onto the pro tour then she will only get better.
                    A shame that a few years ago she was given a wildcard entry to the tour but it did not work out that time.
                    fingers-crossed.

Women hand-eye coordination - I dispute your analogue of women not having as good hand-eye coordination as men!
                    My wife never seems to miss when giving me a "clout round the ear" !!
                    :biggrin:

Comment

And just as I finished writing this she makes a 50+ break to get on the board. She's actually a very good player. Maybe part of it is just plain lack of competition. There just aren't many opportunities for women to play in tournaments.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                        And just as I finished writing this she makes a 50+ break to get on the board. She's actually a very good player. Maybe part of it is just plain lack of competition. There just aren't many opportunities for women to play in tournaments.
                        Yes I was watching that as I was read/typing
                        she recently did a tour with Snooker Legends, with ROS JW, SH, etc, that could only have given her great experience and exposure
                        Now is her turn to shine

Comment

The one thing I will say is that she's at least "competitive" at the highest level. In a best of 7 she "could" beat a top player.

In darts it's a completely different story. While van Gerwen, Taylor, and Anderson average close to 100 for three darts, the best women players average 75-80. They would stand no chance against a male professional. There are hundreds of pub league darts players who are better than the best woman. And darts requires even less strength than snooker, where putting spin on the ball does take strength and coordination.

Comment

Go Reanne!!!!!!!!!!! 2-2 as she steals the fourth frame. Great clearance.

Comment

Great 4th frame, she'll be well pleased to go in at 2-2 after being 2-nil down
                              Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Mark King 4-0 up at mid session interval on Paul Davison Paul's nickname is Snowy, also if Reanne beats Robin Hull I think he is out of the 64 and off the tour as well can you pst the links to the live streaming, also nothing on snooker Cheers facebook page as yet https://www.facebook.com/Snooker-cheer-834064133361739/
                                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Working...
                                X