World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Milkins and Jimmy White lost, the first clearly being an upset, not so sure about the latter.
    Don't think the latter one was an upset. Lisowski should have been the favorite here.

Yan Bingtao nearly fell victim to an upset, being 4-8 down to Sam Craigie, but the Chinese recovered and won six frames in a row to 10-8 victory. This also gives us a highly interesting match in round 2 with Yan coming up against Mark Davis.

Comment

• I didn't realise Craigie was leading by that much, only saw scores earlier in the match and the final score.

Comment

• Very early but Williams, Vafaei, Doherty and Maguire have managed very handy 3-0 leads.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
          Very early but Williams, Vafaei, Doherty and Maguire have managed very handy 3-0 leads.
          Vafaei is as expected rolling into the second round. 6-0 alraedy to him against Yassen.
          Maguire, who plays Lertsattayathorn, has also a 5-1 lead.
          While Williams, who has by far the most inconvenient opponent in Zhao, has seen his lead cut to 4-2.

As expected there is also a hard-fought match between Hamilton and Steadman, who shared the first four frames - 2-2.

Comment

• And the Williams - Xintong match is levelled.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• From 4-0 to 4-4 then 5-4 to Williams.

Hamilton continues to have to work hard against Steadman and is down 2-3.

Vafaei and Highfield are looking very good to win there matches

Saengkham - Jones seems to be an extremely slow match.

Comment

• Will Jimmy White be offered a wild card for next season ? Or will it be the Q School in May .

Hope he gets offered the wildcard as befits his status and love of the game .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Woollaston - Totten has tightened up with Woollaston only leading 5-4 after being 5-1 up.
                  Selt - John looks like going to the same way after Selt lead 4-0.

Steadman now leading Hamilton 4-3

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Hope he gets offered the wildcard as befits his status and love of the game .
                    Much as I love Jimmy, he's going nowhere - better to use the wildcard on a plyer with a future.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      Much as I love Jimmy, he's going nowhere - better to use the wildcard on a plyer with a future.
                      I'm with you on this.

Comment

• Mark Williams is now in trouble. He lost the first three frames of the session, suddenly is 5-7 back against Zhao.

Comment

• Williams has lost 7 of the last 8 frames, that does not look good.

Comment

• Sydney Wilson looking to cause a bit of an upset by beating Maflin.

Vafaei and Highfield both through now after totally outclassing their opponents.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              Mark Williams is now in trouble. He lost the first three frames of the session, suddenly is 5-7 back against Zhao.
                              This always happens when I say someone is going to win, sorry Mark

Comment

• Williams is far from out of this now it has gone 6-7 not 5-8 which would have made it a very difficult task for him

Comment

Working...
                                X