Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Seedings before the World Championships 2017

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Final Seedings before the World Championships 2017

    Out of interest, after the shambles in the Snooker Shoot-out, does anyone know whether David Gilbert would have got into the 16 seeds who automatically qualify for the Crucible had he gone on to win the event?

  • #2
    Yeah, he would be the 15th seed. McGill would be 16th, assuming he lost in the final of the Shoot-Out, and Ryan Day would miss out in 17th spot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by screw-back View Post
      Out of interest, after the shambles in the Snooker Shoot-out, does anyone know whether David Gilbert would have got into the 16 seeds who automatically qualify for the Crucible had he gone on to win the event?
      If he is slightly better than club standard I'm sure he will do just fine. : )
      No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cue crafty View Post
        If he is slightly better than club standard I'm sure he will do just fine. : )
        That wasn't really my point. Shows what introducing the shoot-out as a ranking event could cause long term. Ridiculous!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by screw-back View Post
          That wasn't really my point. Shows what introducing the shoot-out as a ranking event could cause long term. Ridiculous!!!
          Agreed on that one. It's like including the donkey derby in the horse racing calendar....
          No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Agreed on that one. It's like including the donkey derby in the horse racing calendar....
            If the top horses were running in it then it wouldn't be the donkey derby so it's nothing like it all
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

            Wibble

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GeordieDS View Post
              If the top horses were running in it then it wouldn't be the donkey derby so it's nothing like it all
              In my head the analogy is that the competition is the donkey but the Jockeys are first class. I like the comp it's good fun - just not a ranking event to me though.
              Last edited by Cue crafty; 5th April 2017, 06:37 PM.
              No cheap shots...well maybe the odd one if its funny...

              Comment

              Working...
              X