2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    Selby in first and then gets a huge kick on his second red...
    ANYONE that solves the mystery of the kick will become the richest person in the game! :snooker:
    It's not a mystery at all, the PR balls have too much friction between them and they will always kick. World Snooker need to drop them and put out a prize for a chemical company to find a composite material that's fit for purpose.
    Watching the McGill/Maguire match at the moment and it's kick city Arizona with brand new balls, new table, new cloth, table heater; it's a lottery.

Comment

That frame was painful to watch until Maguire's last little clearance. I think it's important that he won it, because he'd already started showing signs of frustration. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
        It's not a mystery at all, the PR balls have too much friction between them and they will always kick. World Snooker need to drop them and put out a prize for a chemical company to find a composite material that's fit for purpose.
        Watching the McGill/Maguire match at the moment and it's kick city Arizona with brand new balls, new table, new cloth, table heater; it's a lottery.
        I agree. With all the resources available a suitable answer is out there somewhere...
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I feel a bit pity for O'Brien. He probably would have already a hard day if Selby was playing just average, but Selby is actually playing quite good. So it's 4-0 to the defending champions and I think this match is close to being all but over.

Comment

O'Brien is 0-4 down due to a couple of bad misses and playing too conservatively.
            He has to be more attacking. Cannot win any other way.

Comment

I'm not sure there are enough threads for this tournament on here. Can someone start a few more?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                I'm not sure there are enough threads for this tournament on here. Can someone start a few more?
                We actually used to have separate threads for each round of a tournament, and sometimes even for each separate match at the World Championship, back when the Professional Tournaments Discussion section of this forum was still being regularly updated. I kind of miss those days... :smile:

Comment

2017 World Championship - Main Event

I started this one to separate from the qualifiers thread and the two threads for predictions.
                  sorry for any confusion
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    2 big kicks already and springboard cushions, it's gonna be interesting to see if any of them cost a frame!
                    Sent u a PM Mr. Shockerz
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

It really isn't normal behaviour to punch the table when you are 3-2 up and 60-0 ahead in the frame, just because a cannon went wrong and you haven't finished perfectly on a red. It hasn't cost him so far though, a 4-2 lead for Maguire over McGill. :smile:

Comment

If it was as simple as the balls then a solution would have been found by now.

For me there are at least 2 or 3 different things that can cause kicks. I am an advocate that bad cueing, particularly if you are a little nervous and not striking the cueball with authority is one such thing.

However the cloths are also contributing as well. The thinner cloths mean that balls are always jumping long before the cueball contacts the object ball, that in itself can cause an unusual contact where spin doesn't necessarily transfer itself evenly when contacting the other ball often leading to a strange contact.

And finally the weather conditions play a bigger factor than any other. If its raining or very overcast the moisture gets into the cloth making a table a lot heavier which leads to kicks. I know this from my own club where its guaranteed I will get more kicks if we have had heavy rain. I can even tell if its raining outside if I started playing when it was dry because you feel the conditions change.

Comment

Does anyone know which cue Mags is using at the moment?
                          He's cueing beautifully well today.

On the other table, Selby is slaughtering Fergie, as expected...No match here.
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by wemba View Post
                            O'Brien is 0-4 down due to a couple of bad misses and playing too conservatively.
                            He has to be more attacking. Cannot win any other way.
                            At some point he gotta realise he just as well have a go as his strategy isn't going to win him many frames, or no frames at all.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                              Does anyone know which cue Mags is using at the moment?
                              He's cueing beautifully well today.

On the other table, Selby is slaughtering Fergie, as expected...No match here.
                              I was going to ask same question bout his cue
                              Current playing cue Trevor White
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

6-0 to Selby and in the balls.

It probably won't do Selby any good either if he wins by a landslide as you want to be put under a little bit of pressure at some point to see how you react.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X