A question about Crucible rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Crucible rules

Sometimes , because of time, scheduled sessions are shortened, and instead to play the original 8-9-10 frames plays a couple of frames less, as Trump match today

But what are the exact rules about it? It is just according the referee or other authority, or is it an objective rule? (I dont know, as for example that a frame canĀ“t start with one hour less of next session , or similar).

Do the players know always if the frame that are they playing is the last one of a session? Or can they play ignoring if they will play another one meanwhile are they playing one frame?

When do they recover lost frames? For example, I see that usually:

-A first round first session shortened, it is play in the 2nd session, even this session can be more than 10 frames

-In many years, like Murphy-Stevens 2005 final, sometimes the 1st session of the day (1st or 3rd) are less than 8 frames, and then this extra frames are played in the evening session of the same day (after 2nd session, always are played scheduled frames)

-I guess, but I dont know, that always the evening session recovers lost frames in morning or afternoon session regardless the round

-And so on

The morning and afternoon sessions have time limits to allow enough time to brush down the tables, reset the players' bottles, etc; but also, so all the audience can be changed as tickets are sold by the session, so to empty, maybe do a quick check for rubbish/items left, and then allow the new audience in requires time,; the main authority in any event (not just WSC) is the Tournament Director and as a match gets close to its time limit he will be by the marker or close enough to discuss the situation with the match referee.
    They will try to get the suspended match back onto a table the same day if possible as the players are still in the venue.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There's a 40 minute rule. Won't start another frame if less than 40 minutes to start of next session. Guess that 40 minutes is the estimate of the time needed to do all the things that Dean mentions.

Comment

I forget one thing also, the TD needs to consider the TV channels as well
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
          There's a 40 minute rule. Won't start another frame if less than 40 minutes to start of next session. Guess that 40 minutes is the estimate of the time needed to do all the things that Dean mentions.
          even if it involves cliff thorburn v peter ebdon?????

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            even if it involves cliff thorburn v peter ebdon?????
            Don't forget world record holder Fergal O'Brian! 2 hours and 3 minutes for final frame decider!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Don't forget world record holder Fergal O'Brian! 2 hours and 3 minutes for final frame decider!
              hes the ref!

Comment

In the final the rules are other, for sure; because 1st and 3rd session are closed earlier too often

Comment

Working...
                X