Baws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baws

I was under the impression that the 1G Aramith balls are the ones used on professional tournament play. However, someone who should know (a former player and top coach) has told a pal of mine that they are not and in fact the balls used are actually slightly smaller than those balls. Surely not??! Anyone able to confirm/deny??

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke. We all know that bloke...
    Unfortunately he's never around to be accountable for the things he says!
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thecentralscrutinizer View Post
      I was under the impression that the 1G Aramith balls are the ones used on professional tournament play. However, someone who should know (a former player and top coach) has told a pal of mine that they are not and in fact the balls used are actually slightly smaller than those balls. Surely not??! Anyone able to confirm/deny??
      Is true, they are not only smaller but rounder.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Is true, they are not only smaller but rounder.
        Someone told me from a realisable source that one of the top seeded players (I won't say who) complained to the tournament director stating he felt the balls were too round. Can anyone confirm this..?
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
          Someone told me from a realisable source that one of the top seeded players (I won't say who) complained to the tournament director stating he felt the balls were too round. Can anyone confirm this..?
          so thats ronnies grudge......

Comment

Just looking for a yes this is true or a no it's not please. No requirement for absolute tumbleweed banter...

Comment

Originally Posted by thecentralscrutinizer View Post
              Just looking for a yes this is true or a no it's not please. No requirement for absolute tumbleweed banter...
              Do you really believe they would use anything else but the 1G's ??

Comment

No I don't but my mate believes everything that 'the coach' says. I think he is speaking sh**e.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Do you really believe they would use anything else but the 1G's ??
                  dont they have secret -1G balls now, anti gravity ones to avoid as many kicks and stuff as possible....

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                    I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke. We all know that bloke...
                    Unfortunately he's never around to be accountable for the things he says!
                    If you can't find him.........I know a bloke who knows where he is.............
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                      dont they have secret -1G balls now, anti gravity ones to avoid as many kicks and stuff as possible....
                      They would be the Zero-G balls, developed by NASA.

Comment

I actually hope that one day, there will be a 3 dimensional, zero gravity form of snooker that can only be played in space. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          I actually hope that one day, there will be a 3 dimensional, zero gravity form of snooker that can only be played in space. That would be awesome.
                          I can see it now 'where's the cue ball going.............****'
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

well i own the 1g's used in a final and they look the same to me...
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

FOR GOODNESS SAKE....TAKE THIS TO THE BANK, THEY ARE 1G BALLS THE SAME AS EVERYONE CAN BUY. THEY ARE PROBABLY CLEANED AND POLISHED MORE BY THE REFEREES THAN THE BALLS YOU GET DOWN AT THE CLUB (so they may be rounder but definitely not smaller, until the cueball wears down a bit)
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                              X