Baws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    FOR GOODNESS SAKE....TAKE THIS TO THE BANK, THEY ARE 1G BALLS THE SAME AS EVERYONE CAN BUY. THEY ARE PROBABLY CLEANED AND POLISHED MORE BY THE REFEREES THAN THE BALLS YOU GET DOWN AT THE CLUB (so they may be rounder but definitely not smaller, until the cueball wears down a bit)
    :biggrin:

The balls used on tour are no different from the balls anyone can buy as I doubt Aramith would make different set of balls "just" for the tour as that would be a lot of investment without much return
    They are the same EXCEPT (as TD says) they are played in near-optimum conditions, brand new cloths, cleaned tables, cleaned within an inch of their lives - unlike us mere-mortals who have to use tables that are dusty, cloths cleaned once in a blue-moon, rails are dirty so balls get dirty every time they are potted, balls hardly every clean properly - and anyway why bother as the tables are only going to dirty them.
    The pro balls are "rounder" because they are cleaner, running on clean cloths
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

To be fair I was watching the snooker yesterday and thought the balls looked awfully spherical
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        To be fair I was watching the snooker yesterday and thought the balls looked awfully spherical
        Honestly it's a fact, I asked Steve Davis , when he did an exhibition at our club, if pro balls were rounder than club balls and he flatly denied it, we all know you only do that when you have something to hide, how much proof do you need?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Honestly it's a fact, I asked Steve Davis , when he did an exhibition at our club, if pro balls were rounder than club balls and he flatly denied it, we all know you only do that when you have something to hide, how much proof do you need?
          I think there's a conspiracy against us all! I'm also fairly certain that its the table that moves...not the balls! They've programmed our minds to believe they are spherical but actually they are square. Did you just see that quiver in the wall? : P
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            :biggrin:

The balls used on tour are no different from the balls anyone can buy as I doubt Aramith would make different set of balls "just" for the tour as that would be a lot of investment without much return
            They are the same EXCEPT (as TD says) they are played in near-optimum conditions, brand new cloths, cleaned tables, cleaned within an inch of their lives - unlike us mere-mortals who have to use tables that are dusty, cloths cleaned once in a blue-moon, rails are dirty so balls get dirty every time they are potted, balls hardly every clean properly - and anyway why bother as the tables are only going to dirty them.
            The pro balls are "rounder" because they are cleaner, running on clean cloths
            Not necessarily true. 3G had a weight difference of (at most) 3 grams and 1G (at most) 1 gram. The balls are made in batches of each colour, ie not a set... In theory a Pro Comp set could be exactly the same and a set of 1G half of them 1G lighter than the other half.....

It's all about quality\weight control, which is a tad odd as they claim consistent density: so how can the weight change without the size?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              Not necessarily true. 3G had a weight difference of (at most) 3 grams and 1G (at most) 1 gram. The balls are made in batches of each colour, ie not a set... In theory a Pro Comp set could be exactly the same and a set of 1G half of them 1G lighter than the other half.....

It's all about quality\weight control, which is a tad odd as they claim consistent density: so how can the weight change without the size?
              Microscopic bubbles I would guess, they're in everything if you go small enough, so the lighter balls must have more air in them.

Comment

At the Scottish open the balls they used were in the TC box (3G) . I saw them bring the balls out before the match .

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                  At the Scottish open the balls they used were in the TC box (3G) . I saw them bring the balls out before the match .
                  Where they very spherical?

:wink:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X