X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    At the Scottish open the balls they used were in the TC box (3G) . I saw them bring the balls out before the match .
    Where they very spherical?

:wink:

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    At the Scottish open the balls they used were in the TC box (3G) . I saw them bring the balls out before the match .

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Not necessarily true. 3G had a weight difference of (at most) 3 grams and 1G (at most) 1 gram. The balls are made in batches of each colour, ie not a set... In theory a Pro Comp set could be exactly the same and a set of 1G half of them 1G lighter than the other half.....

It's all about quality\weight control, which is a tad odd as they claim consistent density: so how can the weight change without the size?
    Microscopic bubbles I would guess, they're in everything if you go small enough, so the lighter balls must have more air in them.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    :biggrin:

The balls used on tour are no different from the balls anyone can buy as I doubt Aramith would make different set of balls "just" for the tour as that would be a lot of investment without much return
    They are the same EXCEPT (as TD says) they are played in near-optimum conditions, brand new cloths, cleaned tables, cleaned within an inch of their lives - unlike us mere-mortals who have to use tables that are dusty, cloths cleaned once in a blue-moon, rails are dirty so balls get dirty every time they are potted, balls hardly every clean properly - and anyway why bother as the tables are only going to dirty them.
    The pro balls are "rounder" because they are cleaner, running on clean cloths
    Not necessarily true. 3G had a weight difference of (at most) 3 grams and 1G (at most) 1 gram. The balls are made in batches of each colour, ie not a set... In theory a Pro Comp set could be exactly the same and a set of 1G half of them 1G lighter than the other half.....

It's all about quality\weight control, which is a tad odd as they claim consistent density: so how can the weight change without the size?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Honestly it's a fact, I asked Steve Davis , when he did an exhibition at our club, if pro balls were rounder than club balls and he flatly denied it, we all know you only do that when you have something to hide, how much proof do you need?
    I think there's a conspiracy against us all! I'm also fairly certain that its the table that moves...not the balls! They've programmed our minds to believe they are spherical but actually they are square. Did you just see that quiver in the wall? : P

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    To be fair I was watching the snooker yesterday and thought the balls looked awfully spherical
    Honestly it's a fact, I asked Steve Davis , when he did an exhibition at our club, if pro balls were rounder than club balls and he flatly denied it, we all know you only do that when you have something to hide, how much proof do you need?

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    To be fair I was watching the snooker yesterday and thought the balls looked awfully spherical

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    FOR GOODNESS SAKE....TAKE THIS TO THE BANK, THEY ARE 1G BALLS THE SAME AS EVERYONE CAN BUY. THEY ARE PROBABLY CLEANED AND POLISHED MORE BY THE REFEREES THAN THE BALLS YOU GET DOWN AT THE CLUB (so they may be rounder but definitely not smaller, until the cueball wears down a bit)
    :biggrin:

The balls used on tour are no different from the balls anyone can buy as I doubt Aramith would make different set of balls "just" for the tour as that would be a lot of investment without much return
    They are the same EXCEPT (as TD says) they are played in near-optimum conditions, brand new cloths, cleaned tables, cleaned within an inch of their lives - unlike us mere-mortals who have to use tables that are dusty, cloths cleaned once in a blue-moon, rails are dirty so balls get dirty every time they are potted, balls hardly every clean properly - and anyway why bother as the tables are only going to dirty them.
    The pro balls are "rounder" because they are cleaner, running on clean cloths

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    FOR GOODNESS SAKE....TAKE THIS TO THE BANK, THEY ARE 1G BALLS THE SAME AS EVERYONE CAN BUY. THEY ARE PROBABLY CLEANED AND POLISHED MORE BY THE REFEREES THAN THE BALLS YOU GET DOWN AT THE CLUB (so they may be rounder but definitely not smaller, until the cueball wears down a bit)

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    well i own the 1g's used in a final and they look the same to me...

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    I actually hope that one day, there will be a 3 dimensional, zero gravity form of snooker that can only be played in space. That would be awesome.
    I can see it now 'where's the cue ball going.............****'

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    I actually hope that one day, there will be a 3 dimensional, zero gravity form of snooker that can only be played in space. That would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    dont they have secret -1G balls now, anti gravity ones to avoid as many kicks and stuff as possible....
    They would be the Zero-G balls, developed by NASA.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke. We all know that bloke...
    Unfortunately he's never around to be accountable for the things he says!
    If you can't find him.........I know a bloke who knows where he is.............

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Do you really believe they would use anything else but the 1G's ??
    dont they have secret -1G balls now, anti gravity ones to avoid as many kicks and stuff as possible....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X