Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What star ... will never win the World Championship?" Explain One's Poll Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What star ... will never win the World Championship?" Explain One's Poll Choices

This poll had me thinking. Some of the choices are smashing players; what of them has made you voters feel that a particular player shall career bottle the biggest tournament of one's life?

I'll admit, that for years I did not think Selby could win a tiddly-winks contest, so that shows you what I know.

Name the player, and give your reasons.
    Last edited by gpfan; 8 June 2017, 10:32 AM.
    gpfan

:snooker:

Me ....I have potted me last ball I think.

Comment

Judd Trump, flaws in his technique and temperament

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Me ....I have potted me last ball I think.
        Why's that B?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
          Yep, he seems to be whiter than White.

Comment

Depends on what you view as a "star". Ding Junhui and Judd Trump are the two obvious huge names, that haven't won the crown. Of those two I think Ding, despite older, is the more likely to succeed. He has the better all around game and meanwhile I think he also has the nerves.

For Judd right now he is still lacking in shot-selection and mentality. And those are two of the most important aspects. In a converse argument you can say, that those are two departments that make Mark Selby soo strong. Of course Trump can get better in those aspects, but with his game right now I think he has still something to add.

Comment

Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
              Yeah ... he was the one on the list I thought of, too. And, for the reasons you gave. To be honest, I feel his only chance is if he went back to his VERY risky style of 'sexy snooker'.
              gpfan

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                Depends on what you view as a "star". Ding Junhui and Judd Trump are the two obvious huge names, that haven't won the crown. Of those two I think Ding, despite older, is the more likely to succeed. He has the better all around game and meanwhile I think he also has the nerves.

For Judd right now he is still lacking in shot-selection and mentality. And those are two of the most important aspects. In a converse argument you can say, that those are two departments that make Mark Selby soo strong. Of course Trump can get better in those aspects, but with his game right now I think he has still something to add.
                I agree with you 100%. As to what I consider a star, it is irrelevant. I was going by the limitations and constraints named in the poll on the home page. I still think we shall see Ding as an (at least) two time winner.
                gpfan

Comment

sirius and the pole star wont

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Why's that B?
                    Well I don't want it to be I love this game but sometimes life leaves you snookered with no way out.

Comment

Originally Posted by gpfan View Post
                      I agree with you 100%. As to what I consider a star, it is irrelevant. I was going by the limitations and constraints named in the poll on the home page. I still think we shall see Ding as an (at least) two time winner.
                      Well of the actual members of the Top Ten, that haven't already won the title I also think that Mark Allen and Barry Hawkins probably won't win the big one.
                      While Allen can beat anybody on his day, he lacks a bit consistency and maybe physical fitness. His long potting isn't always reliable and I think it will be tough for him to play on the highest level for 17 days and long matches.
                      The Hawk has a pretty solid game and loves to play at the crucible. He had some fantastic runs and games, but somehow he always has one weaker match - usually after a great win. And that's something you can't afford at the World Championship. Also he is already 38, so he won't have endless time.

This also counts for Marco Fu (39 years), but still I'd give him a slightly better chance than Hawkins. When he is playing at his best I think he's a bit better than Barry and I guess he also has the right mentality. I wouldn't put it past him to win the World Championships, but he probably has only a few more great years. Consistency is a problem for him as well though.

Comment

Ryan Day great player but some how manages to lose it when it matters ....wish I had his cue action I would win world championship for sure

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          While Allen can beat anybody on his day, he lacks a bit consistency and maybe physical fitness. His long potting isn't always reliable and I think it will be tough for him to play on the highest level for 17 days and long matches.
                          Maybe his new cue will be a bit less unforgiving?

Comment

What's that supposed to mean ....whiter than white :snooker:

Comment

Maybe Judd Trump although I think he does have time to improve a lot and go on to win eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X