Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What star ... will never win the World Championship?" Explain One's Poll Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People may smirk at this but I think Judd Trump simply doesn't have the all round game to win the worlds.
    He's vulnerable in the safety department and whilst the likes of Selby, Hawkins, Higgins who are all better match players are playing the game I just cannot see him winning it.

I think Selby will win another couple over the next 5 years and my tip as a future world champ is Kyren Wilson, he's the real deal.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      People may smirk at this but I think Judd Trump simply doesn't have the all round game to win the worlds.
      He's vulnerable in the safety department and whilst the likes of Selby, Hawkins, Higgins who are all better match players are playing the game I just cannot see him winning it.

I think Selby will win another couple over the next 5 years and my tip as a future world champ is Kyren Wilson, he's the real deal.
      I think that's a fair argument Tom, as much as I love the way he plays, there is no doubt he has weaknesses, at that level you can't just blast everyone off the table.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Isn't this a point of view many share anyway? I know I myself do so.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          Isn't this a point of view many share anyway? I know I myself do so.
          Might be right Jim, I based my comments more on the mutterings of today's commentators who seem to praise Judd's safety game when in my opinion it isn't good enough.
          These are the same commentators who don't seem to be able to accept that players can just miss a shot without there being a kick, so it isn't surprising to hear them over-praising a player.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

These are the same commentators who don't seem to be able to accept that players can just miss a shot without there being a kick, so it isn't surprising to hear them over-praising a player.
            Indeed.

(I didn't realise there was a 10 character minimum to post.)

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              Indeed.

(I didn't realise there was a 10 character minimum to post.)
              Your a man of few words lol ....10 characters

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I think that's a fair argument Tom, as much as I love the way he plays, there is no doubt he has weaknesses, at that level you can't just blast everyone off the table.
                Trump will blow them away in a few years he just needs a bit more consistency in all departments he is getting there slowly ...time is on his side

Comment

It's as much a case of bottle\nerve and shot selection, with the former more relevant to the latter than experience, imho.

He was good through last season, and unlucky not to win a whack of (shorter) tournaments, so much so that I thought he had a chance this year. But his 1st Round performance was beyond embarrassing; and he is far from the level Selby, ROS, Higgins and Ding showed at Sheffield.

The only hope he has is if 3 of those 4 are in the other half and the 4th is a shock loser; and that is only a hope.

Comment

It's as much a case of bottle\nerve and shot selection, with the former more relevant to the latter than experience, imho.

He was good through last season, and unlucky not to win a whack of (shorter) tournaments, so much so that I thought he had a chance this year. But his 1st Round performance was beyond embarrassing; and he is far from the level Selby, ROS, Higgins and Ding showed at Sheffield.

The only hope he has is if 3 of those 4 are in the other half and the 4th is a shock loser; and that is only a hope.
                    I agree with you but Ros,Higgins are going backwards now ...his time will come

Comment

Well, at least Higgins and O'Sullivan won't be around forever.

Comment

But then another wave\tide of players will be along.

It's like saying Jimmy White would have won the WC if he had hung on until after Hendry faded\quit. Oh, whoops.....

Comment

In the WSC this year Trump was carrying an injury to his right shoulder that hampered his offset cue delivery and right shoulder movement. A major thing in such a set up is the exact amount of movement he creates to end up striking exactly where he intends to on the cue ball. He was wincing with pain many times and it was certainly a big factor in his defeat.
                          When he gells completely with his new cue the confidence he gains from that will make him a real force in the game and his safety will matter as much to him as it did to Hendry.

Comment

Trump will win the worlds , imo. Within the next 3 too ..
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              When he gells completely with his new cue the confidence he gains from that will make him a real force in the game and his safety will matter as much to him as it did to Hendry.
                              This could happen, but Hendry was also as cool under pressure as any one. I don't have this feeling with Judd. Maybe winning an important title would lift his confidence, but getting the right mentality is a tough issue.

Comment

i think the problem with Judd trump is his attitude, he thinks he is better than the others and when the match doesn't go his way and the other supposedly "lesser player" is keeping up with him or getting ahead, he can't handle it. he starts to feel embarrassed and probable in his head thinks people are all looking and talking about him.

he needs a mental coach really, because until he accepts that sometimes you are going to lose to less talented players and its all part of learning he's not going to be the star he and everyone else thinks he could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X