Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What star ... will never win the World Championship?" Explain One's Poll Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markyboy147
    replied
    Nothing wrong with Trump's attitude of believing he's the best. Ding not having that in his head is probably what's held him back from winning the worlds over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Jacobbirch147
    replied
    Well done, you have hit the nail on the head for me. That is the best description yet. In the worlds 2018 this year he seemed to shake his head at john higgins as john came over to shake his hand...

Leave a comment:

• Dave_marsy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
    A good example of this was when Neil Robertson made his 100th, 100 of the season against him in the WC's. Ok, some will argue that he left the arena to 'compose himself' and get psyched for next frame.

But IMHO he simply stormed out, did not shake Robbo's hand ( or acknowledge the outstanding achievement he had just done ), while the audience gave him a standing ovation.
    Everyone handles the pressure differently ...why does he need to shake is hand he is competing against him ...not supporting his acheivements....

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    Yes I was there that day, until he gets his head right he won't achieve what his talent warrants

Leave a comment:

• Inoffthered
    replied
    Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    i think the problem with Judd trump is his attitude, he thinks he is better than the others and when the match doesn't go his way and the other supposedly "lesser player" is keeping up with him or getting ahead, he can't handle it. he starts to feel embarrassed and probable in his head thinks people are all looking and talking about him.
    A good example of this was when Neil Robertson made his 100th, 100 of the season against him in the WC's. Ok, some will argue that he left the arena to 'compose himself' and get psyched for next frame.

But IMHO he simply stormed out, did not shake Robbo's hand ( or acknowledge the outstanding achievement he had just done ), while the audience gave him a standing ovation.

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    i think the problem with Judd trump is his attitude, he thinks he is better than the others and when the match doesn't go his way and the other supposedly "lesser player" is keeping up with him or getting ahead, he can't handle it. he starts to feel embarrassed and probable in his head thinks people are all looking and talking about him.

he needs a mental coach really, because until he accepts that sometimes you are going to lose to less talented players and its all part of learning he's not going to be the star he and everyone else thinks he could be.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    When he gells completely with his new cue the confidence he gains from that will make him a real force in the game and his safety will matter as much to him as it did to Hendry.
    This could happen, but Hendry was also as cool under pressure as any one. I don't have this feeling with Judd. Maybe winning an important title would lift his confidence, but getting the right mentality is a tough issue.

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Trump will win the worlds , imo. Within the next 3 too ..

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    In the WSC this year Trump was carrying an injury to his right shoulder that hampered his offset cue delivery and right shoulder movement. A major thing in such a set up is the exact amount of movement he creates to end up striking exactly where he intends to on the cue ball. He was wincing with pain many times and it was certainly a big factor in his defeat.
    When he gells completely with his new cue the confidence he gains from that will make him a real force in the game and his safety will matter as much to him as it did to Hendry.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    But then another wave\tide of players will be along.

It's like saying Jimmy White would have won the WC if he had hung on until after Hendry faded\quit. Oh, whoops.....

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

The only hope he has is if 3 of those 4 are in the other half and the 4th is a shock loser; and that is only a hope.
    Well, at least Higgins and O'Sullivan won't be around forever.

Leave a comment:

• Dave_marsy
    replied
    It's as much a case of bottle\nerve and shot selection, with the former more relevant to the latter than experience, imho.

He was good through last season, and unlucky not to win a whack of (shorter) tournaments, so much so that I thought he had a chance this year. But his 1st Round performance was beyond embarrassing; and he is far from the level Selby, ROS, Higgins and Ding showed at Sheffield.

The only hope he has is if 3 of those 4 are in the other half and the 4th is a shock loser; and that is only a hope.
    I agree with you but Ros,Higgins are going backwards now ...his time will come

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    It's as much a case of bottle\nerve and shot selection, with the former more relevant to the latter than experience, imho.

He was good through last season, and unlucky not to win a whack of (shorter) tournaments, so much so that I thought he had a chance this year. But his 1st Round performance was beyond embarrassing; and he is far from the level Selby, ROS, Higgins and Ding showed at Sheffield.

Leave a comment:

• Dave_marsy
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I think that's a fair argument Tom, as much as I love the way he plays, there is no doubt he has weaknesses, at that level you can't just blast everyone off the table.
    Trump will blow them away in a few years he just needs a bit more consistency in all departments he is getting there slowly ...time is on his side

Leave a comment:

• Dave_marsy
    replied
    Indeed.

(I didn't realise there was a 10 character minimum to post.)
    Your a man of few words lol ....10 characters

Leave a comment:

Working...
X