X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 English Open

Does anyone know what trainers Ronnie has on might try them out

Comment

Lots of comments on Twitter about a 'deliberate foul'. Anyone know anything or have a link to it?

Comment

2017 English Open

Ding in his match planted a red touching a pink to make the black over the pocket go in to free up space and avoid a safety battle but they're saying it's because his opponent wasn't his class ding did it and ding said he would have done it against ronnie

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
          Does anyone know what trainers Ronnie has on might try them out
          Yes they suit him don't they, very becoming.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

That shot Ding played was weird, in real time we couldn't see the red so it looked like played a pink straight onto a back over the pocket.

The thing is the pink then stayed in the exact same place the black as previously, so I don't see he played it to make space but it did get the black reported which helped later on. He was smiling after the shot so I think it was just a strange one.

One hear the reason for Ronnie's trainers? And also in the last frame he was definitely hobbling while clearing up but hadn't been at all before that.

He played some class shots as ever , missed some and wasn't happy when he did.

Comment

Any link to this shot?
              Was out hitting balls into cushions, so missed the whole match.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I was hoping to go today as Barnsley's just down the motorway, but work got in the way and now tomorrow's sold out

Comment

2017 English Open

Ronnie sprained his ankle running and I'd say just catch the highlights on Eurosport and they'll show the ding shot which he said he ment to play

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    I was hoping to go today as Barnsley's just down the motorway, but work got in the way and now tomorrow's sold out
                    Int "werk" a pain the backside! Roll on retirement! Lottery wins! And just generally doing a lot less things that get in the way of fun and enjoyment cos life's just too short! ; )
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                      I just saw on Twitter that James Wattana won.

#onforamillion
                      Baht?

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                        Ronnie sprained his ankle running and I'd say just catch the highlights on Eurosport and they'll show the ding shot which he said he ment to play
                        Can you play deliberate fouls in snooker? I would have thought that would be ungentlemanly conduct.

Comment

What happened with Ding? I missed that. Did he deliberately play an illegal shot?

Comment

In other 'news' World Snooker apparently have the hump that Ronnie wore trainers.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/e...shtml#uk-tw-po

If that's true, it's absurd. Who cares what a player wears? It's not a fashion show, we're here to watch snooker. Not take tips on what to wear.

Why is this bigger news than Ding's foul?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                              In other 'news' World Snooker apparently have the hump that Ronnie wore trainers.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/e...shtml#uk-tw-po

If that's true, it's absurd. Who cares what a player wears? It's not a fashion show, we're here to watch snooker. Not take tips on what to wear.

Why is this bigger news than Ding's foul?
                              There'll be a dress code as part of his contract for the tournament which I assume doesn't include trainers. Even if he needs to wear them for medical reasons, he could have worn black ones so they were less conspicuous.

Attention seeking again, I'm afraid.
                              Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                                Can you play deliberate fouls in snooker? I would have thought that would be ungentlemanly conduct.
                                No you cant play deliberate fouls in snooker and as you say this will be considered ungentlemanly conduct and reprimanded as per that rule (warning, then award frame, then award match; if behaviour continues).
                                But then saying that, some years ago Ronnie deliberately played with no effort to hit the ball on, several times and the referee did not warn him once!
                                Hoping someone links the shot in question
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X