Winner: £70,000
    Runner-up: £30,000
    Semi-final: £20,000
    Quarter-final: £10,000
    Last 16: £6,000
    Last 32: £3,500
    Last 64: £2,500

Draw:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_E...Open_(snooker)

Not exactly the most intriguing tournament of the season, since it's a Best-of-7-event until the quarterfinals.
    For a positive note, all players are here, even Ding Junhui and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

I'll make the preview just quick now:

Section 1:
    Has defending champion Liang Wenbo, who hasn't shown much this season, he could meet Tom Ford in the second round. Yan Bingtao is here and Anthony McGill vs. Michael Holt is one of the most interesting first rounders. I could easily see a very surprising player in the fourth round here. For example Akani Songsermsawad.

Section 2:
    This is the section with the two top seeds who struggled heavily this season with Neil Robertson and Barry Hawkins. Both are in urgent need of a good result and their draw seems to give them the opportunity, though Robertson would eventually play Li Hang in the second round, to whom he lost at the China Championship. But the Chinese, who plays Chris Wakelin first, is more comfortably over the longer matches this season.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we get a surprise quarterfinalist out of those two top sections.

Section 3:
    This part of the draw is way more dense. Recent European Masters champion Judd Trump is on the top of it and opens against Robbie Williams, before playing the winner of Yu - Joyce. Even more interesting is the path of Luca Brecel, that is pretty tough. He has Ryan Day first, than meets the winner of Mark Williams - David Grace.

Section 4:
    Here is Ronnie and John Higgins is there as well. O'Sullivan has the slightly easier path to their possible rendez-vous in the Fourth Round as Higgo would play against Selt or Burden in the second round and likely Maguire or Milkins in the third one.

Section 5:
    Ding Junhui could meet Michael White already in round two, in the down half there's Ali Carter as well as Joe Perry. Over a longer distance I'd make Ding easily the favorite here, but the way how it is we could have a surprise as well.

Section 6:
    Mark Allen has found to a pretty good form lately and is maybe the favorite here. Along with Shaun Murphy who has been to two finals this season, but wasn't very consistent overall. Possible spoilers for them could be the well playing Ken Doherty or Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, who wasn't convincing during the last weeks though.

Section 7:
    Marco Fu is the top seed here and he urgently needs a good result as well. He could meet Zhou Yuelong in the third round, while in the down half Stuart Bingham certainly is the favorite after his run to the final in Lommel. But he won't have it easy. He opens against Lee Walker, then could meet Mark King and in the third round Martin Gould or Hossein Vafaei would loom.

Section 8:
    Mark Selby showed splashes of increasing form at the European Masters, but still was a bit inconsistent. He still is the man to beat here, as the next "best" players in that section are Kyren Wilson and at this point maybe Cao Yupeng, who was in the semifinals at Belgium.

Predictions:
    Quarterfinals:
    Anthony McGill - Gary Wilson
    Judd Trump - Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Ali Carter - Mark Allen
    Zhou Yuelong - Mark Selby

Semifinals:
    McGill - O'Sullivan
    Allen - Zhou

Final:
    O'Sullivan - Allen

Winner:
    O'Sullivan

Eurosport Player not showing the 10.00 matches?

Edit: It's appeared now 10.35.
    Last edited by richiet; 16 October 2017, 09:35 AM.
    Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Matches live here http://sportstream365.com/other just look for the players names or select others at the top of the screen, no commentary though, let me know if anyone else finds live streams also. Are ITV or The BBC covering the event.
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
        Matches live here http://sportstream365.com/other just look for the players names or select others at the top of the screen, no commentary though, let me know if anyone else finds live streams also. Are ITV or The BBC covering the event.
        British Eurosport is, other European versions don't know but would think they will.
        Eurosport Player is as well.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Is this a random draw for the first round or top 64 Vs bottom 64?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            British Eurosport is, other European versions don't know but would think they will.
            Eurosport Player is as well.
            It's also on Quest, which I think is available on Freeview.
            Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
              It's also on Quest, which I think is available on Freeview.
              ah yes, always forget about this one
              cheers

Comment

Quest is a channel included on bog standard SKY too.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Jimmy White punditry comment "...got a new cue..." Twitter says a new Parris cue, hope it works well for Jimmy

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                    Is this a random draw for the first round or top 64 Vs bottom 64?
                    I think it is top 16 get seeded, the rest are random draw.

Comment

I am going up to Barnsley this weekend.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        I am going up to Barnsley this weekend.
                        have a nice time buddy, Barnsley compared to Cardiff for hotels, etc?
                        You booked in to Cardiff yet?

Comment

The bad news is Dean, I'm not sure I'm doing Cardiff yet. Got a few other things booked this year, including York and Preston, so depending on Annual Leave available and finances etc, I may give Cardiff a miss this year. Sadly. I'll let you know if I do end up going.

I'm staying in Premier Inn, with a friend, and for a twin room it costs less than Manchester did for a single last year. It's a bit of a walk to the venue though, unlike in Cardiff. But can't have everything, I guess.

Going up on the train Friday, so I'll let you know how it goes, etc.

Comment

last minute dot com
                            still may see you there, have fun

Comment

Matthew Stevens making a very nice 132
                              did he get his cue back after it was nicked from his car, or is this a new cue?

ps Neal Foulds mentions the cue being stolen in a manner that suggests it was not recovered.
                              Last edited by DeanH; 16 October 2017, 02:35 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                              X