No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat back and giggled at that performance...
    Ronnie is gonna take some beating at next years WC.
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      Feel the need to point out that ROS was not playing especially well.
      You're having a giraffe!

If that wasn't playing 'especially well' I can only assume you've been incredibly spoiled by his brilliance over the years.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        You're having a giraffe!

If that wasn't playing 'especially well' I can only assume you've been incredibly spoiled by his brilliance over the years.
        I think I have - maybe we all have, but I was not that impressed, higgins gave him too much and he had the roll at the right time, actually one of the weaker matches I have seen between them.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The face of Higgins struggling against O'Sullivan...priceless
          Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
            I sat back and giggled at that performance...
            Ronnie is gonna take some beating at next years WC.
            If he turns up. The past two WC's in the first rounds he has played rubbish. Cant remember who and what year, but it was a lower ranked player that really should have sent him packing , maybe it was Marcus Campbell..

The only player that can sort Ronnie out at the moment is Selby. Selby will turn up for sure.
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Feel the need to point out that ROS was not playing especially well. He got the run a few times and a few key pots. neither player was in great form.
              Spoken like a true scotsman

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Nice to see Higgins up to his old tricks again - wink, wink... nudge nudge :P

Comment

I think I have - maybe we all have, but I was not that impressed, higgins gave him too much and he had the roll at the right time, actually one of the weaker matches I have seen between them.
                  Likewise - the first half of frame one he looked fantastic, then missing the black seemed to derail him a bit, and the blue off the spot as well! He was massively unimpressed. But Higgins couldn't seem to get it together, and O'Sullivan was able to capitalise when it mattered. I thought he played better against Robbo though, but would it be uncharitable to assume Hamilton needs O'Sullivan to fall and hit his head on the way into the arena?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    would it be uncharitable to assume Hamilton needs O'Sullivan to fall and hit his head on the way into the arena?
                    Haha, Not so sure I agree. Did you see Hammy V Day, jeeps, it was pants, buddy..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Another tournament ruined by being set up to pander to that whining,self-obsessed yob O'Sullivan.
                      :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Why is it being set up for him ?, sorry, have I missed something.
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          Why is it being set up for him ?, sorry, have I missed something.
                          If you did miss something, I missed it too.

I'm not a massive fan of O'Sullivan, but some folk simply aren't mature enough to put that dislike aside and admit what an absolute marvel he is at the snooker table.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                            Haha, Not so sure I agree. Did you see Hammy V Day, jeeps, it was pants, buddy..
                            Then you do agree, surely? I'm saying Ronnie will batter him!

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                              Another tournament ruined by being set up to pander to that whining,self-obsessed yob O'Sullivan.
                              This tournament has always suited Ronnie because it's short matches, with no hanging around, against generally good opposition(the shootout has rather devalued the qualification criteria mind) and in the UK, so he does extremely well. But I can't see anything that suggests it's set up entirely for his benefit.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                Then you do agree, surely?
                                I was confused by the response, too. I don't think @throtts read your post properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X