Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Selby REALLY make a 147???

https://youtu.be/1nUH_rkMbIc?t=232

Check this shot out with the rest... Sorry if this has been posted already, but i havent seen anyone pick up on this.
    To me, law of physics should suggest that there is a foulshot made with the rest during the 147 break from Selby. Note how the cueball follows the red almost at same pace as the red. To me this one just doesn't look natural.

Anyone?

I agree, looks like a pushy from that angle.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Hard to tell from this angle. Normally if it is a foul there will be a tell tale involuntary quick look at the referee : - didn't see that in Selby's case.

Comment

Selby made a 147 because the referee says he did. Snooker does not have video analysis so the point is irrelevant. For what it's worth, the shot looks perfectly fine to me.

Comment

Looks fine to me

Comment

To me it looks fine. But how can Stuart Bingham be playing in a tournament like that? I thought he was banned at the moment.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
              To me it looks fine. But how can Stuart Bingham be playing in a tournament like that? I thought he was banned at the moment.
              yes looks fine by me, and with the distance between the balls, the referee and players would have heard any push.

This event is not a WPBSA sanctioned event but an invitational by Chinese Billiards & Snooker Association, so Bingham can play as he is only banned from all WPBSA sanctioned events.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looks like it could have been a foul but you can't really tell from that angle

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  This event is not a WPBSA sanctioned event but an invitational by Chinese Billiards & Snooker Association, so Bingham can play as he is only banned from all WPBSA sanctioned events.
                  Also, the event started before Bingham's suspension was announced. :smile:

Comment

shot looked good to me

Comment

Looks OK to me.
                      βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Just had another butch - looks okay now, well, now I have woken up...
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

And btw itΒ΄s a really good break. He pots a lot of difficult balls along the way, and the opening pot is class.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

not argueing the breakitself in terms of quality, as there was a couple of insane safes indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X