Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post

Anyway, back to snooker and I really like this referee, I'd like to help her re-spot the pink
    At the risk of sounding like an old pervert, I'd like to do that too.
    Yep she is very good, great when Ronnie had that little joke with her - now that is the Ronnie we like to see
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• It looks like Bingtao is struggling a bit with his cueing where Lyu Haotian looks more relaxed. Haotian definately is an excellent longpotter.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• With all of the talk of two teenagers in a ranking semi-final, I wonder how many times there has been an all Chinese semi-final. I'm sure it's happened before, but probably not that many times. I assume Ding has played a fellow Chinese in a ranking semi.

Comment

• And just as I pressed enter he missed a pink off the spot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Yep she is very good, great when Ronnie had that little joke with her - now that is the Ronnie we like to see
            And Ronnie hugged the Chinese female referee when he won in Shanghai last week. He seemed very happy to win that tournament.

Comment

With all of the talk of two teenagers in a ranking semi-final, I wonder how many times there has been an all Chinese semi-final. I'm sure it's happened before, but probably not that many times. I assume Ding has played a fellow Chinese in a ranking semi.
              Ding Junhui and Marco Fu played each other in the semifinal of the Players Championship last year.

They also played a final against each other and Ding played another final against Xiao Guodong.

Comment

• Interesting to hear Ronnie say he struggles to hit centre ball. Has anyone actually done a shot with the "cue cam" yet? Obviously not designed by a snooker player.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  And Ronnie hugged the Chinese female referee when he won in Shanghai last week. He seemed very happy to win that tournament.
                  I saw that and commented on it at the time and it was an unusual moment, maybe it was her (Peggy Li?) birthday
                  And yes Ronnie looked great at the win

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    Ding Junhui and Marco Fu played each other in the semifinal of the Players Championship last year.

They also played a final against each other and Ding played another final against Xiao Guodong.
                    I didn't really follow snooker very closely until about 10 years ago. What happened to cause the explosion of snooker's popularity in China? Was it just Ding or were there other factors involved? I can see a scenario where half of the players on tour are Chinese in the next 10-20 years. It would be nice to see more players from other Asian countries and Europe. I have little hope for snooker making any inroads in North America.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I didn't really follow snooker very closely until about 10 years ago. What happened to cause the explosion of snooker's popularity in China? Was it just Ding or were there other factors involved? I can see a scenario where half of the players on tour are Chinese in the next 10-20 years. It would be nice to see more players from other Asian countries and Europe. I have little hope for snooker making any inroads in North America.
                      Go back to the early 80s (Ding was born) when Barry took his stable out there for a few matches which where televised out there in think that caught the businessmen and the fans eyes

Comment

• LOOKs like Williams might not be there - his misses off to hospital in an ambulance....
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          LOOKs like Williams might not be there - his misses off to hospital in an ambulance....
                          Bad news for the Williamses. Hope she gets alright soon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            LOOKs like Williams might not be there - his misses off to hospital in an ambulance....
                            Oh no
                            I heard she was better and at home!

Comment

• So Yans into the final with a century. It will be an interesting match. I hope Williams is ready to play.

Comment

• Dafabet Northern Ireland Open

if Williams turns up will his head be there ?
                                terrible to be in that position....
                                hope all comes ok for all....

Comment

Working...
                                X