Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    You would love Murphy though!
    Actually not. Something about him seems a bit fake. He tries hard to be a gentleman, but a gentleman would have acted in another way in the chalk incident with Maguire.
    You can push too hard for correctness (especially when the rules are not the "correct way").

Having said this, yes, I prefer him to Ronnie and Judd.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      Actually not. Something about him seems a bit fake. He tries hard to be a gentleman, but a gentleman would have acted in another way in the chalk incident with Maguire.
      You can push too hard for correctness (especially when the rules are not the "correct way").

My thoughts precisely about Murphy being fake. I am afraid this is too much for me to have anything going for him.
      Always liked Ronnie for how he played but felt like he is being a right you know what :-), starting to like him for how he is now. Sometimes I cringe but at least he is himself - he has come a long way being a boy with a cue - bit simple but speaks his mind.

Comment

This is exactly why I prefer almost anyone to Shaun Murphy, rude and petulant I can take, at least they're honest about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          This is exactly why I prefer almost anyone to Shaun Murphy, rude and petulant I can take, at least they're honest about it.
          Well, at least Shaun tries to be polite (at least as a professional, I don't know him personally) and I think to a certain degree he might be a nice guy. I don't know if he's really "fake", I just know that at certain points his behaviour rubbed me the wrong way.
          Ronnie has had openly bad behaviour (among this I also count rude comments) much more often and I can't stand this kind of people.

Comment

Actually not. Something about him seems a bit fake. He tries hard to be a gentleman, but a gentleman would have acted in another way in the chalk incident with Maguire..
            He's always maintained he didn't ask for Maguire to be disciplined, so barring evidence to the contrary..

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              He's always maintained he didn't ask for Maguire to be disciplined, so barring evidence to the contrary..
              I've heard this as well recently for the first time. It's just difficult to get the thoughts I had so long about this incident out of my head.

Comment

Shaun is a class act and would never do such thing, always trusted his word in this controversy. They both got behind it a long ago anyways.

Incredible final frame thrown away by Xintong, 61 lead, all he needed to do was to push a couple of reds to the cushion instead attempted an impossible pot. Of course he even had to try a black that way too difficult to play at that stage of the match when Jimmy had just gifted him a lifeline missing a straight pot.

Comment

Catching up on some play. Absolutely fascinating seeing the difference in level between players. Castle v Robertson and ROS v D Jones. Duanes kicks are horrendous - the next level of top uk players just isn't there is it? These boys look like good league level and not much more. You can't even say their oppo played so well they didn't even get a chance. Chances galore, but they can't take them.

It feels like watching yourself playing them....
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That Higgins - Vafaei match could be over quite late if it goes all the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                      Shaun is a class act and would never do such thing, always trusted his word in this controversy. They both got behind it a long ago anyways.

Incredible final frame thrown away by Xintong, 61 lead, all he needed to do was to push a couple of reds to the cushion instead attempted an impossible pot. Of course he even had to try a black that way too difficult to play at that stage of the match when Jimmy had just gifted him a lifeline missing a straight pot.
                      Haven't seen it, but what I saw from Zhao so far, he just hasn't such a good shot-selection and all-around game as his compatriots Yan and Zhou.

Comment

Jimmy 4-0 against Jak Jones. The match was not streamed. Thanks Eurosport!!!
                        Chris Wakelin is next. C'mon Jimmy!
                        Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

The upper half of the draw has thinned out quite a lot.
                          Ryan Day, world number 18, will be the highest seeded player in the round of 16 there. And he will now meet Yan Bingtao (#37) for a spot in the quarterfinals. If I look on the draw Yan has a good chance to maybe make his first ranking final this week. In the second section Ricky Walden (#22) will meet Robert Milkins (#34).

But especially the second of the four quarters is pretty shallow now. Chinese Youngster Lyu Haotian (#105) will make his first appearance in a round of sixteen here. The other three players who'll be with him are not affixed now. But it will be either Liam Highfield (#70) or Ken Doherty (#74) who plays Lyu. And on the other side it will be either Chris Wakelin (#63) or Jimmy White (#116) and either Tian Pengfei (#62) or Noppon Saengkham (#64). So we will have a semifinalist who is ranked number 62 in the world at best.
                          Last edited by JimMalone; 23 November 2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Ronnie Defo no time for this referee.I've noticed before too.
                            H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by Stormwatch View Post
                              Jimmy 4-0 against Jak Jones. The match was not streamed. Thanks Eurosport!!!
                              Chris Wakelin is next. C'mon Jimmy!
                              not Eurosport -Tournament Director
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                                Ronnie Defo no time for this referee.I've noticed before too.
                                yep they have "history" - now yesterday ROS said "just enjoy and have some fun while out there" and he has a laugh with the referee. I don't think he will this time
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X