No announcement yet.

Dafabet Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a win today Yan Bingtao would already jump to #27 in the World rankings and also pass his young compatriot Zhou Yuelong.

Comment

• Also Yan still has the chance to become the youngest finalist in a ranking event. Tomorrow he will be 17 years, 293 days old - which would still be 65 days younger than Ronnie O'Sullivan at the 1993 UK Championship.

Comment

• Joe Johnson must have been absent the day they explained adverbs in primary school. Shouldn't a basic level of literacy be a prerequisite for being a commentator on an international sports channel?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          So if it's Williams vs. Yan tomorrow I'd be happy to see either of them win.
          I very much hope that's the final we get as its been a very poor quality build up to it so I believe that will rectify things and I like them both so it would be good to see a veteran win as much as the rookie. I do believe Yan is going to be a hell of a force at some point.
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            Joe Johnson must have been absent the day they explained adverbs in primary school. Shouldn't a basic level of literacy be a prerequisite for being a commentator on an international sports channel?
            Joe Johnson often comes up with strange sentences! He doesn't seem to be doing that noise anymore that sounds like he is sucking on a sweet. That was annoying. I much prefer Neal "Goodness Me" Foulds though. Him and Hendry are probably my favourite commentators. Loving your avatar pic of Bill by the way. I have his old practice table! :-)
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Mark Williams in an interview with world snooker "It’s the first time in a long time I have been favourite. I don’t remember what that feeling is like." LOL,
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Slessor seems to have taken yesterday's form with him today.

Comment

Joe Johnson must have been absent the day they explained adverbs in primary school. Shouldn't a basic level of literacy be a prerequisite for being a commentator on an international sports channel?
                  There would be none left
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                    Loving your avatar pic of Bill by the way. I have his old practice table! :-)
                    Awesome. How did you get it?

Comment

Awesome. How did you get it?
                      Pure luck! It was in storage for many years when the workshop it was set up in was knocked down then was put up for sale. Big Bill used to live in a bus on the industrial estate next to the workshop and used the table for his practice. I bought it for £158!! Its all nicely renovated now and playing like a dream.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        There would be none left
                        Correct adverb usage is very rare. I mostly watch N. American sports and it's even worse there.

He plays quick. He plays very good. He played amazing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                          Pure luck! It was in storage for many years when the workshop it was set up in was knocked down then was put up for sale. Big Bill used to live in a bus on the industrial estate next to the workshop and used the table for his practice. I bought it for £158!! Its all nicely renovated now and playing like a dream.
                          That's great. I didn't watch a lot of snooker in the 80s, but when we got our first all sport channel in Canada I did see Thorburn, Stevens, and Werbeniuk play a few times. When I look back at some of the tournaments in those days with 3-4 Canadians in the last 16 or even the quarter-finals I lament the fact that there is nobody on tour now.

I've lived in Poland for the last 8 years and I love the Eurosport coverage. It would be even better if I had a fellow Canuck to cheer for.

Comment

• Glad that Williams is through to the finals. Did he change his sighting method? Thought I heard it on commentary but can't tell the difference.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                              Glad that Williams is through to the finals. Did he change his sighting method? Thought I heard it on commentary but can't tell the difference.
                              He's been working with Sightright lately

Comment

• Now that Williams is through, I'd like to see Bingtao through so I can enjoy tomorrow's final without worrying who's gonna win :P

Comment

Working...
                                X