No announcement yet.

Dafabet Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite happy for Williams. Exciting final.

Comment

• Great win for Williams, well deversed.
      I bet he was having kittens inside though when Bingtao was laying all them snookers at the end after giving it the fist pump

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        Great win for Williams, well deversed.
        I bet he was having kittens inside though when Bingtao was laying all them snookers at the end after giving it the fist pump
        That would have been a cruel defeat. Remember the UK final he lost to Higgins after John needed already a snooker (though it was only one back then, therefore Williams had already been up 9-5)?

I'm very happy for Williams. He was close to another title in the past a few times and finally used this golden opportunity. If he had just the ambition of other players he would be a steady contender.
        More important though obviously would be that his wife Joanne gets healthy again. All the best to them.

As for Yan, I think this was just his first final of many. It's true that as Odrl says he is far more mature than Trump or Brecel were at this age and he seems more than willing to put in hard work. At some times he was a tad to aggressive maybe, but his shot-selection is far superior to Trumps.

Comment

• Very happy for Willo, he really deserved another title and won it with flair, which was to salute especially under such difficult circumstances. He was very emotional during his speech and nobody will blame him for that. Gotta be real tough to play in these conditions.

As for Yan, surely he's just scratched the surface of his potential. He's a very mature boy, dedicated to the game, serious, he's not encline to have the typical brainfart of a shot that a Trump or Brecel had at the same age. He's wise and go for the proper shot. Great talent! Only need more experience and English lessons :P
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Now that was a nice final... :snooker:
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• The 40+ crew have still got it.

Comment

• Snooker is the winner...... A sport where a 40 + and a 17 year old can compete on a level playing surface with TV, tension and a crowd on the edge of their seats,,,, brilliant well done to both players, ref and eurosport.
                Easy on the garlic....

Comment

• Mark's habit of switching off after frame ball nearly cost him again. This is why Hendry always cleared up for the ton, but fair do's to Mark he hit some really good snookers and managed to come through.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                    As for Yan [...] he's not encline to have the typical brainfart of a shot that a Trump or Brecel had at the same age.
                    On the whole I agree, but there were a couple of 'answers on a postcard' thrown in during that final.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• So happy for Williams. I really want him to win another major at some point but that's pushing it. Still....hopefully he can crack 20 ranking titles

Comment

Working...
                      X