X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I don't think it's been that poor, nerves were always going to play a big part in this one. Two 80+ and four 50+ breaks isn't too bad along with some nice tactical play and the tension is already adding to the drama. I'm hoping for more of the same.

-
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Me too! Far better this than either player being steamrolled.
    ----

Exactly! High drama...I'm loving it.

:snooker:

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I'm hoping for more of the same.

-
    Me too! Far better this than either player being steamrolled.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
    Poor quality final so far, can see it getting worse and very edgy later.
    I don't think it's been that poor, nerves were always going to play a big part in this one. Two 80+ and four 50+ breaks isn't too bad along with some nice tactical play and the tension is already adding to the drama. I'm hoping for more of the same.

-

Leave a comment:

• armstm
    replied
    he's the new jimmy white. always finds a way to lose.
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Indeed...Judd needs to grow up fast if he doesn't want to be remembered as a not-quite.

Onwards to the Final...looking forward to this one...could be great with both players eager to get their first Masters title.

:snooker:

Leave a comment:

• lennon11
    replied
    Poor quality final so far, can see it getting worse and very edgy later.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    tense this final but standard has been low considering how well they have both been playing, marks face is more and more like he is having a stroke when he is cueing!
    They'll both be getting pep talks in the break saying it's there if you just settle and grab it.

I think if it's close they'll be a few nerves at the end which might be exciting. Long way to go yet though.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Talk about a fickle crowd

Old guy's phone goes off twice on Kyren's shot and the crowd are screaming for murder. Kyren asks that the guy not be thrown out, but to get his phone on silent and the same crowd are cheering and clapping the gesture

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    tense this final but standard has been low considering how well they have both been playing, marks face is more and more like he is having a stroke when he is cueing!

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I hate predicting, as I am often so wrong....
    so everyone go with Odrl, ok?! :biggrin:
    OK will do. Hang on, where are Trump and Higgins??

I think they should have a "shot adviser" in with the production team, to give them a better idea of whether a player is going for the pot or a safety. So many times we see them assume the pot, focus on the pocket, and then we have a panicky switch of cameras when they realise their mistake. Someone to simply whisper "pot" or "safety" when necessary. Not Mike Hallett though, obviously.

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 21 January 2018, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Never more than a frame between them, so I guess we were both wrong in the end. :smile:

Good stuff in the first session. It's beginning to look like I just might get that midnight finish I asked for. :smile:
    the way we like it, but did not think it would be the case

just under 2 hours to go... what to do? what to do?

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Well once again so impressed with Kyren as a person there...saying don't remove the person who's phone went off...three times! Let him back in afterwards. Wonderful kind spirit Kyren has. Myself I would not have been that kind.
    Yeah I liked that as it shows he's full of his own importance.

I get paranoid about phones going off in matches but everyone's human. Kicking someone out of the final is tough unless they keep doing it.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Good stuff in the first session. It's beginning to look like I just might get that midnight finish I asked for. :smile:
    I certainly hope so. I plan to go to the cinema this evening and forgot to record that match at home, so it would be nice to have still some Snooker left, when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    chatting with my buddy last night and I actually thought the other way, Wilson will take an early lead and then Allen will come back
    I hate predicting, as I am often so wrong....
    so everyone go with Odrl, ok?! :biggrin:
    Never more than a frame between them, so I guess we were both wrong in the end. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Great stuff indeed!

Looks like 4 all now...
    Yep, great session, same again tonight please lads.

-

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Great stuff indeed!

Looks like 4 all now...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X