Masters 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I think they said something about the kick and chalk....
    I think Williams said that in the interview as well? He was saying that with the new chalk the kicks now rarely happen.

Williams seemed pretty happy though, tough first round draw that's for sure.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

So what's with the turnaround with JV being back on the commentary team? I'm delighted, but surprised. When folk here were saying the BBC hadn't renewed his contract I assumed they were referring to ALL the BBC tournaments.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        So what's with the turnaround with JV being back on the commentary team? I'm delighted, but surprised. When folk here were saying the BBC hadn't renewed his contract I assumed they were referring to ALL the BBC tournaments.

It was Willie Thorne who's contract wasn't renewed, virgo wasn't used for the UK as the BBC were supposedly trying something else with the commentary.

Comment

Ah! Thanks @narl
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Think Selby should return his chalk to the manufacturer and ask for a refund according to some he simply cued it badly LOL!

The jester wasn't too happy about Williams joking around with that marathon replacing of balls after (deliberately?) jumping the cue ball off the table. I thought it was great.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              (deliberately?) jumping the cue ball off the table. I thought it was great.
              I did wonder about that myself.

No sign of Hazel yet. Is she not on board for this one? I've seen her name on the Sky EPG so it seems she was scheduled.

Comment

Thats the sales of the new chalk halved.
                :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Did Steve Davis really just say Ding had some chinks in his game? :cower:
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Davis commentating on BBC? Watching es2 and I'm not from UK so cant just switch channel.

Comment

Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
                      Davis commentating on BBC? Watching es2 and I'm not from UK so cant just switch channel.
                      He's in the studio
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
                        Davis commentating on BBC?
                        Davis has been commentating for a number of years now.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          Did Steve Davis really just say Ding had some chinks in his game? :cower:
                          Ha yes, think it was chink in the armour. I bet he knew he fouled the blue though when he was using the rest.
                          Well done Ryan...didnt think he had the balls to win it.
                          Last edited by mikeyd100; 15 January 2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I always have the issue with the Masters that there are only 16 players. It's true that those are the best of the world ....
                            I dunno - four of them have hardly achieved anything substantial this season so far (Fu, Liang Wenbo, Hawkins, and as far as I know Carter).

Quite amazing that Neil Robertson isn't around either ....
                            Last edited by crocodile; 15 January 2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Well, Jud, that's quite possibly the ugliest shirt I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Well, Jud, that's quite possibly the ugliest shirt I've ever seen.
                                Horrible. How could he possibly think this looks good? :smile:

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                                and I can't remember Selby or Ding making much progress in the tournaments to date either.
                                Selby won the International Championship, while Ding won the World Open. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X